Chapter 12

~The dream

Crystal

Since we had the kiss I could not stop thinking about him. Why did he do it? I keep asking myself. As well as does he like me? I carried on with the rest of my week before it was time for him to see Emily.

It was now Friday and he's  picking  up Emily, I've been nervous all week. I don't like him so I don't know why I'm nervous. I got Emily ready and packed her bag while She was watching TV. Right as I was finished putting every thing in her Cinderella bag I heard a knock on the door so I went towards the door and look through the peep hole. I do this as a safety precaution, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything happened to Emily.

I saw Jess so I opened the door. When I did he looked straight into my eyes not looking away a flash from what happened last time went through my head and I was in a daze for a bit. I shakes my head stood back and allowed him to enter. I walked way from the door leaving him and went over to Emily. I told her it was time to go and told her to ho put on her shows and socks while I went and got her bag.

As I bent over to get the bag I felt a presence behind me, I turned around quickly looking up into Jess's eyes. It was like I couldn't move. He had put his arms around my waist and pulled my closer. I heard Emily's footsteps and quickly pulled away and pushed him back.

I gave Emily her bag and got away from Jess, he was looking at me with a weird look in his eyes. I turned away from him and kissed Emily and carried her out to his car while he followed closely behind.

Jess

I really couldn't stop thinking about her, I was happy to see my daughter but I wanted to see her mother as well. I'm going to tell her my plans to court her but I'm gonna need Emily's help.

When we got home I opened the door for her and helped her out while I grabbed her bags. I opened the door for her and we went inside. She took her bags and ran up to her room. I thought she must be hungry so I went to the kitchen I made her some peanut butter and bread with strawberries and bananas until she came down stairs. A little while after I placed the food around the table she came downstairs with her Cinderella plush doll.

As she ate I went to change in sweatpants and a hoodie and I also grabbed  blankets, I bought a huge Cinderella blanket for her and I wanted to surprise her with it because she loves Cinderella.
I hid it behind me and went up to her she was almost finished with her food at this point. I called her name then pulled the blanket from behind.

She got off the chair and ran towards me, she was smiling, I loved seeing her happy. I wish I was there for her earlier days, to see her first steps, hear her first words, all of the struggles and happy moments. I'll make it up to her.

We went to the theater with the blankets and the popcorn. The movie we chose was her favorite"Cinderella".
As I sat there is saw how happy she was and for a second thought of how happy I make her life ;my phone rang,
I picked it up and was surprised to see it was Crystal. I answered;"Hey is everything ok" she asked in a worried tone,I assured her everything was fine and we talked for five minutes about Emily and then I decided let Emily have a nap,I did the same.
I heard my door open so I went to check expecting Crystal,it was her

Said he came in and sat down looking exhausted,I gave her a glass of water and we talked. I tried to confront her about the kiss we had but she quickly changed the topic to Emily;she asked me "Where is she?" I told her she's sleeping and she went to her room to check on her As I stayed in the living room thinking. She came back to the room and sat next to me, alot was going through my mind at this point ;"I couldn't stop thinking of you after that kiss" we both said nervously.

We looked at each other with wide eyes. After a few seconds I asked her if she was willing to give me a chance, a chance  for us to be a family. She looked at me then looked down as she thought about what I had asked her.

After about a minute she said sure why not. I was so happy, I had a huge smile on my face. After about fifteen minutes she was getting up to leave;just before she went out the door I grabbed her hand,turned her around leaned in and.... "Daddy?"are you awake?.I woke up to Emily tugging on my shirt,turns out it was a dream.