2: 08

Kiara and Catherine stood before reporters and photographers. One reporter asked, "Kiara, Catherine, where did you get your dresses? Are those more designs by Evie?"

Kiara nodded and smiled. "It is. It's by far my favorite. Cat's too."

They boarded the boat for Cotillion and Kiara noticed Carlos with Jane. They were looking cozy, meaning he'd asked her to be his date. Catherine had a downcast expression and Kiara silently took her friend's hand.

Their attention was drawn to the front as Lumiere said, "The future Lady Mal!"

The crowd clapped and Ben's parents took a moment to speak to Mal.

Kiara and Catherine made their way to Mal and smiled as the latter said, "That dress looks amazing on you."

Mal smiled. "As is yours. Yours too, Kia."

Evie walked up to them and Mal smiled. "Hi."

"Hi," Evie replied. "How are you?"

"I sort of feel like I'm going to throw up."

"That's okay. Look, we're right here with you, okay?"

Mal nodded as Kiara squeezed her hand. "Okay."

"King Benjamin," Lumiere announced.

"Go get him," Evie and Catherine encouraged.

Ben walked up to Mal and took her hands. "Mal, I wish I had time to explain."

He turned to where his parents were and Uma stepped out to face the crowd.

Kiara narrowed her eyes at her and whispered, "What have you done, Uma?"

Catherine scoffed softly. "This is sneaky and I don't like it."

"H-Hi," King Beast said.

Ben kissed the ring on Uma's hand before turning to Mal. "I'm sorry. It all happened so fast. Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Uma. A connection."

"What are you saying?" Mal asked with a frown.

Uma smiled. "It was love! It was. I just realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?"

Ben nodded. "We are."

"I know!"

"You're so beautiful."

Mal's broken voice made me want to hurt Uma. "Ben. Ben! You'd go back for her?"

Uma shook her head. "He didn't have to. I dove through the barrier before it closed. And I'm an excellent swimmer-"

"Yes you are," Ben complimented.

"Thank you. Listen, Mal." Uma took Mal's hand. "I just, I really wanna thank you. For everything. Thank you so much."

He turned her. "Don't you see, Mal? You were right. You knew that we weren't meant to be together. That's why you never told me you love me."

Ben and Uma started dancing to an instrumental version of Kiss the Girl.

Carlos scoffed. "Not too thrilled I risked my life for him."

Edward crossed his arms and frowned. "What did she do?"

Lonnie nodded. "We're with you, Mal."

"Let's get out of here," Jay decided.

A sob escaped Mal's lips. "Oh. Okay."

The six of them started walking away with Mal and Jane suddenly cried, "Lumiere, unveil the gift! They need to see it!"

"And now!" Lumiere said. "For the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece! Designed especially for his Lady."

The curtain fell from the canvas to reveal Mal in a light purple dress with green eyes, Ben kneeling and looking up at her in awe. Mal's mouth gaped. "Ben did that?"

Evie and Kiara nodded. "Yeah. He did."

Mal turned to her friends. "Evie, Cat, Kia, Ben's known who I was all along."

Evie smiled. "He loves the real you."

"A true love."

Carlos and Edward smirked. "Told you."

Kiara's dress on the left, Catherine's dress on the right