🏵️Chapter 41🏵️: Psycho for husband.

Start from the beginning

I calmly opened the entrance door and pratically tiptoed into the house with my heels still on. The house was completely empty and deadly silent. My mind wasn't at peace and my whole body knew that.

Still, I kept tiptoing till I got to my bedroom door. I haven't had a shower since yesterday, my hair has been drenched by yesterday's rain while there were some hair glue inside which is definitely making my scalp uncomfortable and my clothes are beginning to itch me. I don't know if it's because of the fear of Dure's anger or it was just me being uncomfortable.

I sighed in relief when I saw there was no one in the house, then walked into my bedroom a little bit more relieved than when I came in but my relief was short-lived when I saw my husband, standing right in front of the window, looking out the window with a glass of whiskey in his right hand and his left hand in his pocket.

My body began to tremble badly in fear when I felt the anger in the air. My gut began to tell me that danger was lurking around the corner. I looked round the room for Ciara but couldn't find her.

"Worried about your maid?" My husband asked before turning around to face me. I couldn't really see the expression on his face because of his golden hair and the rays of light that shone from his back.

"I asked her to go look for her mistress. I didn't know her mistress will be back before her or I'd have asked her to wait". He said calmly but in the calm voice, I could sense great danger.

"My love, you're back". I tried to smile and pretend nothing was going on.

"Yes, I am. And I'm also glad you're too. Where have you been?" He asked so casually as he sat on the bed, crossing his right leg over his leg as he twirled gently the whiskey in the glass.

"Um... I was... I was bored so I...I... I went to visit a friend of mine". I stuttered as my body froze from Dure's cold glare which was coming from a calm face. I don't know how Dure does that but he's a person who's face says something and eyes says another thing.

  "Wow... So if I got this straight, you left the house because you were bored and stayed with your friend till this morning". He said calmly and I nodded to the extent my head could have fallen off if I didn't stop on time.

"Let me guess...This friend we're talking about is Justin,  am I right?" He asked, his cold glare pinning me to where I stood. I couldn't move. I couldn't nod neither could I talk.

The next thing I saw was a glass of whiskey coming my way. I narrowly dodged it by duking down and the next thing I heard was the shattering of glass on the wall where my head once was.

  The rate of my heartbeat incredibly increased when I realized that that wall could have been my head and I would have died from the impact of the throw. My legs started trembling and I couldn't stand up straight.

Dure gave me a devilish grin as he stood up from where he sat and walked up to me. I tried to move back but his hands rested heavily on my shoulders stopping me from moving.

"I have been out there, cleaning up the mess your brother created, my life and happiness hanging by a thin thread over a cliff that has no bottom while you were having fun with a man friend?" He asked me, with a beautiful devilish smile on his face that made my legs tremble more.

I have never been so scared in my life than I have been now. 

"I asked you a question, Eleanora. I'm waiting for your reply". He told me calmly, the very art of wickedness displayed on his face. One look in his eyes you'll know that he's secretly planning your death.

"Ju...Just...Justin... Isn't... isn't... my...my...my... man friend" I tried to tell him, through the chattering of my teeth and the beating of my heartbeat that seems like I'd die from heart attack anytime soon.