"Mom..." Mal protested.

"It's the deets, Mal, that make the difference between mean and truly evil. When I was your age, I was cursing entire kingdoms. You. Walk with me. See, I'm just, I'm just trying to teach you the thing that really counts... how to be me."

Mal nodded. "I know that. And I'll do better."

Maleficent smiled. "Oh, there's news! I buried the lede. You five have been chosen to go to a different school... in Auradon."

Evie's eyes widened as her excitement became obvious.

Kiara pointed at her other friends. "What about Ed and Cat?"

Maleficent nodded. "Yes, they've been invited to go as well."

Kiara, Edward and Catherine high-fived and shared excited smiles.

Mal shook her head. "What? I'm not going to some boarding school filled to the brim with prissy pink princesses."

Evie feigned disgust. "And perfect princes. Ugh."

Jay nodded. "Yeah, and I don't do uniforms. Unless it's leather. You feel me?"

Kiara twirled her red leather jacket and said, "I'm just curious what lies beyond the bridge."

Carlos frowned. "I read somewhere that they allow dogs in Auradon. Mom said they're rabid pack animals who eat boys who don't behave!"

Kiara noticed Jay sneaking behind Carlos and he cried, "Woof!"

Carlos, in turn, hit Jay for scaring him.

Mal glanced at her friends and nodded. "Yeah, Mom, we're not going. Forget it."

Maleficent smirked. "Oh, you're thinking small, pumpkin. It's all about world domination. Knuckleheads!" Her daughter followed her before she said in a singsong voice, "Mal... You will go. You will find fairy godmother and you will bring back the magic wand. Easy peasy."

Mal frowned. "What's in it for us?"

Kiara crossed her arms. "Sure. What she said."

Edward glanced at her, then his mother who had a smile, then to Maleficent.

Maleficent brought her face closer to Kiara's. "Bring us the wand and find out."

While the other parents talked to their kids, Kiara started gathering her stuff together.

The Mad Hatter walked up next to his daughter and helped her pack. "I'm glad you're getting out of here."

Kiara sighed. "I'm going to miss you, Papa."

"And I you." He pulled out a locket and opened it. "So you never forget me."

She smiled at the pictures. "You and me . Oh, Papa, I'll treasure this forever! Thank you."

He smiled as he put the locket around her neck and tipped his hat with a smirk, causing his daughter to laugh.

Kiara turned and watched her friends. Each respective parent, excluding Maleficent and the Mad Hatter, did their best to persuade their child to stay on the Isle.

Edward was nodding at his mother's words and Catherine seemed to be arguing with her father.

Maleficent frowned, not liking all the protests she was hearing. "What is wrong with you all? People used to cower at the mention of our names! For 20 years, I have searched for a way off this island. For 20 years, they have robbed us from our revenge... revenge on Snow White and her horrible little men."

"Ow!" the Evil Queen cried, rubbing where Maleficent had hit her.

"Revenge on Aladdin and his bloated genie!"