Chapter 17: Claus's Recovery Pt. 2

Five days ago, the fight happened and no one won. Claus was most affected by the fight. During these days, he had gone to the clinic with you and your mom. Luckily, his bruises are gradually going away, but he needs his glass face to be replaced and might need an x-ray to check his rib cage. It should take Claus roughly 3-4 weeks to recover.

During that time, Andy, Epiphany, and Melody rehearsed the song they are going to play at the talent show auditions. However, Andy is always supervised and prohibited from visiting Claus. Lately, you found yourself talking to Claus more and sharing time with him. You were busy taking care of Claus that you completely stopped visiting Peter. Peter grows impatiently with not seeing you because of Claus. He understands that he's in fragile condition, but it feels like he is being replaced.

You developed a friendship with Claus. More recently, you two made friendship bracelets and shared magazines. Claus even presented you with his novel that is his secret passion project. Claus's novel is titled "Value of Triumph and Unity", and it's about a group of children who once were friends but split apart as they grew older. One day, they get together and dig up their old time capsule from 20 years ago. As they open this capsule, they find a mysterious map that was never there in the first place. The novel is still in the works but Claus was heavily inspired by his friends.

During the weekend, Epiphany went to Andy's place to rehearse. You also took this chance to try to visit Peter.

"Hey, Andy! Are you done tuning your guitar?" Epiphany asked.

"Yeah...I have a question," Andy suggested. "When is your sister going to come over?"

"Well, she is busy taking care of Claus, but hopefully she does come sometime soon.

You walk towards the entrance but find Felix standing in front of it.

"Oh hey (Y/N)! What are you doing here?" Felix asked.

"H-hi Felix! I-uh..." You struggled to make up an excuse.

"You're here with for your sister?" Felix added.

"Yeah! Yeah, I'm just here to watch her and her friends play. You know they wanted my opinion on their song." You smiled.

"Why didn't you say so? Let me take you there." Felix chuckled as he tugged your hand towards the picnic area.

You met up with Epiphany, Andy, and Melody.

"Well well, look who decided to show up?" Epiphany teased.

"Ayo! I'm just here to watch you all perform for the auditions." You smiled at her. "Well then show me what you got!"

You sat down as they got into positions. You didn't even notice Andy blushing madly at you. They began to play "A Thousand Years". Epiphany sang and danced while Andy and Melody played their respective instruments. They finished the song and you cheered for them.

"That was so good! I can tell how much hard work you put into sounding that good!" You cheered.

"Well, it was our pleasure that you enjoyed hearing us." Melody gave a warm smile.

They took a break and there were snacks on the table. Suddenly Melody needed Epiphany to help her retrieve something from a shed. It was just you and Andy.

"It's a surprise to see you again, (Y/N)." Andy gave you a warm smile. "(Y/N), I really like your outfit."

You were wearing a mildly deep v-neck shirt with some tattered jean shorts and black combat boots.

"Why thanks, Andy." You smiled back. "I've been busy with housekeeping that I barely had time to go outside."

"That's okay, (Y/N). Say, would you want to come over tomorrow and chat?"