Chapter 8: Delete

On a Sunday where everything in the house was completed and everyone was having a relaxing time, you decided to head over to Peter's barn with Epiphany tagging along. However, Epiphany promised not to tell anyone about him. You are we're just sitting around at the haystack talking and laughing, having a decent time overall.

"You guys need to stop! I think I need to use the bathroom because we're laughing too much." You tell them. "Be right back!"

You left to go to the bathroom outside the barn. Epiphany on the other hand got closer to Peter to tell him advice.

"Has (Y/N) ever told you about the incident two years ago?" She asked him.

"What incident?"

"So back in 10th grade-"

"Ohhh...that. (Y/N) briefly told me about it but they don't like to talk about it. Is it that bad?"

"Well I partially blame myself too for that but he was (Y/N)'s first potential love. But, he only wanted me though." She sighed. "That boy told them that they were ugly and would never be loved in front of other students. If you could, do something to comfort her on that. It would be nice to see her become more expressive without backing down."

"Okay, I'll see." Peter felt dissatisfied about your past of teasing and bullying. If only that boy was dead, then you would feel safe. At least that's what Peter thinks. "(Y/N) deserves someone better."

"And that's where you come in!" Epiphany smiled at him. "I trust you and I approve that you are a perfect suitor for my sister!"

"What are you all talking about?" You came back from the bathroom.

"Huh oh well, Peter was about to tell me about Andy and what to do to be his girlfriend." Epiphany quickly changed the subject. "It's been working and I need more!"

"Okay let's hear." You sat next to Ep in front of Peter.

"Oh Okay, this next part will surprise you. He hates doing his math homework. You should help him with that"

"Oh my gosh!! That's such a great idea!" Epiphany was fascinated by hearing this.

"Well, she is good at math so I can see this will work." You chimed in.

"This could be my fantasy come true!" Epiphany said with dreamy eyes.

Epiphany happily left the barn and walked around the entrance of the farm so that she doesn't raise any suspicion.

"Uhh yeah, she definitely needs a talk." You commented.

Now it's just you and Peter. He turns to you and he looks deeply into your eyes.

"Uhh- do you need something, Peter?"

"Look I know you don't like talking about the incident years ago, but I can help you to stop thinking about it!"

"Peter there is nothing you can do to make me forget about it."

"I have memory manipulation powers." He replies.

You paused and weren't sure how to think about this.

"Andy sometimes remembers some of my torments and sometimes don't because I erased them from him." He further explained. "For this to work, I must possess your body so that I can work from within your mind."

"I don't know, Peter. It sounds dangerous." You replied.

"It isn't though! Trust me on this. I will do my best to not hurt you." He said sincerely.

You do trust Peter but you needed to think about it. All the torment those words have caused you should they be erased? OF COURSE!!

"Okay, Peter. I will let you delete those memories, but promise me you won't do anything stupid or creepy with my body."

"I promise (Y/N)!" Peter's thoughts of perversion were gone. "You will fall asleep during all of this but just know that I will leave you at your house safe and sound."

You prepared for this procedure as you stood still.

"Okay, you stay right there while I do my thing." He tells you as he hovers over you.

He gives you a tight hug and you could already feel sleepy. You opened your eyes only to feel warm black tears fall from your eyes. You felt yourself walking towards Peter's couch and placing a blanket over your body. You close your eyes again only to be seen somewhere else. A field of different kinds of flowers. They swayed with the wind and you noticed that you are draped in white linen cloth that looked like a loose nightgown. It was very soft and had a pleasant smell. You ran in the field in immense contentment until you turned around. There was a wooden door with a shiny golden knob. You inspected it was just a door in the middle of nowhere.

With curiosity,  you opened the door and saw a hallway with abstract blue electric currents. They flashed in a manner that motioned you to walk further. You entered the door and you felt that it was slammed shut. You turned around to only see that the door was gone. You nervously continued to walk straight and climbed a set of stairs. Once you reached the top you saw a large hall full of different paths and had signs leading to different parts of your brain. You immediately spotted the hallway that said memories. You notice that there was a vault door keeping it from being open. On the side of the door, there was a keypad that had different numbers.

You decided to put in your birth year, 1965. It opened but the vault was empty. You try it again but put in a different year, 1970; you were five years old back then. The size of the room changed as you saw that there were some drawers of memories. These drawers were organized by month. You walked in and opened up one of these drawers. You reminisced of the memories of getting your first tricycle, drawing and coloring, dancing, and playing with your sister who was one year old. 1971: you were 6 years old and you were carrying Micah as a newborn while Epiphany was 2 years old. 1975: Toby was born and you were 10 years old. You saw how your parents wanted to take a family picture but your siblings were a hassle to control. The final picture taken had 4-year-old Micah coloring 6-year-old Epiphany with markers while she was crying. It was a horrible day.

You immediately went to 1979 and saw your freshman self. You noticed how dorky you were. It was like you didn't transition at all from middle school. And you wanted to avoid seeing your cringy middle school overall. 1980 and you opened the vault door to see Peter scrambling through the large room of drawers.

"Oh hey!! It's about time that you came! I need you to tell me where to find it!" Peter huffed in frustration trying to find your memory.

"You see I met this guy in December and I stopped seeing him in May of the next year."

"Not to worry, I got this!" He replied as he walked towards the December section.

He picked out a large file full dedicated to that boy. To make it easy to carry the compacted it into an orb and put it in his suitcase. You two left the vault and plugged in the year 1981. On each month, the files were larger and larger with memories of the boy. You noticed that in some of the files were a wide arrange of colors. Each color represented a mood you had of the memory. You saw that in the memories that were in white, you were vulnerable, innocent, and didn't know what to do or think of. One of them played a time you dismissed the boy's friends girls who happened to be hooking up with him. You told yourself at the time that you will be the only one for him. You got mad at your naïveté and you watched how that memory turned dark.

"It's okay darling, this will all be over soon," Peter reassured you as he turned these files into orbs.

It took like an hour to finish but he was able to get all of those memories.

"So now what?"

"I'll take it with me and I'll throw them out." He tells you. "Just so you know, you will wake up and you will not remember any of these memories or that I was in your mind. That being said I can do this."

He leans towards you and kisses your forehead.

"Hey what was that for?!" You madly blushed.

He turned around and smiled at you. Proceeds to tell you something, but you can't hear him. He vanished and you woke up in your bedroom.

"How did I get here?"

Back in the barn, Peter hides the suitcase in one of the haystacks. He sighs in relief and lays on the couch. He feels so proud of himself for helping you. He can't wait to see you tomorrow.