Chapter 4: Let's Play a Game

You had a moment of silence remembering that memory.

"Hello! Earth to (Y/N)...(Y/N)!!" Micah waved at your face.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I was daydreaming!" You shot up scared.

"About who~?" Giggled Epiphany and Melody.

"Nothing! It's nothing. Wow, anyways I think we should be heading home, guys!"

"Aww but I wanna stay here, it's fun!" Pleaded Toby.

"Look we'll come back tomorrow." You replied.

"But we start school tomorrow!" Your siblings said in unison.

"Oh already??"

"Yeah, they registered us on the last week we were in the city." Commented Micah. "Lucky for you, you already graduated."

"You graduated, (Y/N)? That's so nice!" Andy and his friend were surprised. "You are so smart!"

You chucked at that last sentence but it's nice for them to say that.

"We really should be going since my siblings need to get ready for school." You said. "By the way, do you guys go to school?"

"Uh-yeah we do! We go to the Root School District nearby. It's kinda far but we manage." Replied Felix.

"Oh us too!" Your siblings replied. Very interesting to hear about.

"Hey, we should all go together. That way we can hang out more!" Margaret requested.

"Yeah, can we?" Ep grinned.

You can drive and it should be enough to fit them all in there.

"I can drive you all there. The car will fit everyone even if we're somewhat cramped." You replied.

Everyone agreed and was excited for tomorrow.

"Wait. Claus, Margaret. Not to be mean but you two seem old for school, no?"

"We're both teachers there. I teach mathematics while Margaret teaches science and agriculture." Replied Claus. "I am also the supervisor of the Chess Club in case anyone was wondering."

"Oh yeah, I am in your club! Even though it's hard to learn chess, I like to visit you all the time!" Cheered Andy.

Claus mockingly smiled at Epiphany to get her jealous. She huffed and turned around towards you.

"Oh please Ep, you don't know how to play chess either so what's the point?"

"The point is that my competition has a closer connection to him!" Replied Ep. "If I can't declare a real war then a game of chess will do."

You sighed and told her to do whatever she felt like doing. You all proceeded to tell Andy and his friends goodbye; they were ecstatic for tomorrow. You and your siblings walked home as the sun was about to set. Dinner was ready and after that, you helped your mom wash the dishes and clean up the table and stovetop. Meanwhile, your siblings all got ready for bedtime. Epiphany was going to start 9th grade, Micah was going to enter 7th grade, and little Toby was off to 3rd grade.

"You guys grow up so fast." Spoke to your mother. "I remember carrying every single one of you and once you know it I'm watching you graduate."

"Me too, mom. I used to think that my senior year would take a millennium to get to but I'm here." You notice your mom hugging you tightly. "If it makes you feel better, you still have Ep, Micah, and Toby."

"Yes but you're my oldest child! Well, anyways are you almost done, so that you can go to sleep?"

"I finished, mom." You replied. "I am so happy to have you as my mom! Everything that has happened to me you were there. And I am grateful for that."