Swing

When we were small kids, me and my sister would be tossed around from one relative home to another. We were sent to Grandma Jamaica's home to reside when Uncle Samander relocated to another nation, who were also our distant relative. Grandma Jamaica was a kind lady who would occasionally bake cookies for me and my sister. However, due to her Alzheimer's condition, sometimes she would forgot to add sugar in those cookies. 

Those were cold and windy days . Me and Sara would wear whatever warm clothes we would get. After that, we'd go play on that tiny grass, until one day we saw a hole in the wooden fence. It leads us to our next-door neighbor's garden. The house appeared to have been abandoned for a long time. We also found an old swing fastened to a large tree in the backyard. We take turns swinging on it, one by one. We were giggling with so much joy when some invisible force pushed me out of the swing and I landed on the ground with bruised knee. I turned back, feeling pain, to see that wooden plank squeakily on its own pressing down to lower ground, just above a little high as if some weight had been placed on it, and then that branch with which it was tied to, begins leaning to one side, and the next second, the weight has been lift off and the swing creepily starts moving back and forth. and with it,  we could see number of crows crazily making wild noises. Me and my sister came back running home, where another foster family was waiting for us to meet. Just last week, as I was going through some old newspapers, I got a newspaper cutting containing a piece of information about that same house that how a naïve girl ended her life by hanging with a tree and that swing was still moving back and forth in the black and white picture. 

End.......