Chapter 46: Different

It had been three hours of singing. Three. Fucking. Hours.

"Kay, for the love of Goddess, shut the fuck up," I snapped.

"Do you even know why I'm singing?" Kaden said, poking his head around the corner.

"I don't give a fuck why you're singing just stop singing," I grumbled, hammering down the baseboard.

"I'm singing because if I don't, you don't shut up. Everyone's tired of your big mouth, Tessie. So you shut the fuck up," he said, giving me one of his stupid grins. "Besides, Dean likes my singing. So fuck off," he said, going back around the corner where I couldn't see him.

While I wasn't good at making Dean smile just yet, Kaden was. It annoyed the hell out of me that Kaden was actually capable of charming any fucking person we met, no matter what. He also tended to give extra attention to the people who seemed impossible and closed off, like Dean and Mia. He even almost got a smile out of Mia. Once. She wasn't as receptive, but Dean was getting weaker for Kaden with each passing day.

I told Dean I wouldn't tell anyone his secret but I was seriously worried about the way his lips turned up when Kaden said that. Kaden was so fucking oblivious he didn't realize his extra effort with Dean looked like more than that and I was getting very concerned for Dean's wellbeing since he seemed to be focusing on Kaden to not think about Kane. It was obvious in the way he smiled any time Kaden said anything. Or walked into a room. Or his name was brought up. The last thing Dean needed was to get attached to another person that wouldn't return his feelings. Kaden liked girls way too much to go for Dean.

"I don't know if you've noticed this, smart ass, but in this pack I'm a higher rank than you are," I reminded him. "Don't make me sic my boys on you."

"Oh, you'd have to sic your boys on me, wouldn't you?" He taunted. "Not like you could take me yourself, Gamma."

Dean snorted. Shit. I would have to tell Kaden to stop being charming around him. Kaden frequently had this problem, actually. He honestly had no idea how lovable he was and it was a big problem. Xander and I had to fend people off when Kaden wondered why so many people bothered him all the time. Fucking big ass oblivious baby is what he was.

"Oh, sweetie, I could take you," I shot back. "You're just not worth my effort and I have plenty of sweethearts willing to take care of you for me."

"I won't," Hunter said from another room. "I'm with Kaden."

"Yeah you are," Kaden said. I could practically hear the grin. "My man."

"I'm with Kaden, too," Dean said.

Oh, of course you are Dean.

"You two want to know what a Luna order feels like?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't bother," Ben said, coming up the stairs with more baseboards. "The loyal ones in this pack could take them on easily," he said, narrowing his eyes at Dean and Hunter.

"Sure about that?" Hunter asked, smirking.

"We could sort it out right now if you want," Dean said, looking over at Ben.

"I do wonder if we had a battle of the Betas, who would win," Kaden said, poking his head around. "I mean, obviously I would, but I meant you two," he said, gesturing to Ben and Dean.

"You think you'd win?" Dean asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I know I'd win," he scoffed.

"I wouldn't be so sure," Mia said, looking between Dean and Kaden.