"Whoop!" Tristan kept his foot on the brake pedal, and our heads jerked. He put the car in Park, in the middle of the road. Luckily, we were the only ones on the empty road.

"Wait until everyone gets a load of you when school starts back up." Tristan says, now all smiles. "At least we don't need to work on that stomach of yours. Tomorrow, we're going to hit the town."

Tristan turned his car around, and we went home instead.

"You're finally how I imagined you to turn out." Tristan says, still looking forward, and fully concentrated on his driving.

It was almost a close call seeing Ryo back at that bowling alley...

***********************************

"So, how was your new friend from the city?" my mom asked, as she served us stew for our evening dinner.

"He was great. Went bowling earlier today."

"That new one? The one that's across town? I heard it's so modern. Maybe we should check it out." My mom says to my father. He looked over the corner of his paper.

"But honey, we haven't bowled for years. I'm out of shape now."

"Now, now. The Beasleys' are in worse shape than us, and they still bowl, but they now go to that new alley every Sunday, after church. Come on. Let's all go bowling this weekend, before Elliot goes back to school."

"We haven't bowled since Clinton and Dole were running for office."

"Correction: We haven't bowled since I had Elliot." My mom says, placing her stew on the table, and joining in as we ate.

"I stand corrected." my dad says, then slurps his soup noisily, before drinking his coffee. "Well, it could be worse: roller skating at our age." He laughed.

"Please. I haven't skated since Reagan was in office. I was in high school then."

"And that's where I met you. I was from here, and you, from the city. Roller Town Rink?"

"And we skate to Pat Benatar - Love Is a Battlefield?"

"Class of 1989, I was. And we skated to Paula Abdul - Straight Up?"

"Last time we skated was when we were in college, when Ace of Base was big."

"'The Sign?'"

"'Don't Turn Around', 'Happy Nation', and 'Wheel Of Fortune'?" Soon, they kissed over their dinners. My parents are pretty old, but they don't show it, at all. Somehow, they still look the same when I was younger... They stopped kissing for a moment, and interlocked their hands together, while still staring each other in the eyes.

"Stacey Q - Two of Hearts?" They soon kissed some more. My appetite soon went south. Just like that.

"I'm done. I'll be excused now." 

"Sure, sur-" my dad was interrupted, and waving his hand away.

"Shut up and kiss me, baby!" Eugh! Okay. Enough of that. I quickly left the kitchen table and headed straight for the TV. And there was nothing interesting to watch. Great. And it was only 8 pm.

I decided to turn in for the night.

I could still hear my parents, even though the cabin log walls of this house were pretty thick, and their room was pretty far from mine. I just put my hands under my head, and just let the darkness take over.

**********************************

Thursday

My parents slept in, making it an opportunity for Tristan to pick me up at my house.