25. Do you remember?

Cordelia

Cordelia

The world somehow felt calmer. But that's always the case when a storm's on the way. Mattheo had taken us to a house that was so intimidatingly large that it made my stomach hurl and slosh in waves of discomfort. Everytime I stood at the foot of this house it screamed and pointed and mimicked how unfortunate I was to not live in such a glorious place. The Hart's residency.

"Mattheo what are we doing here?" I asked as he rang the doorbell. A grand rich piano sound erupted through the house.

"Don't worry. We can trust them." mattheo reassured me but I still felt uneasy.

The door clicked open to reveal Mr Hart. He was tall with well groomed brown hair that was starting to tint with grey and he had muscular arms that never failed to crush you in a hug. He always wore a menacing scowl despite being one of the kindest one of my friend's fathers.

"Come in, come in," Flynn rushed to say as he moved out of the door to let us in. Lorelei Hart was stood by the stairs watching as we helped Daniela into the house. "Come straight into the kitchen," he instructed.

I was beyond confused as to how Mattheo had made the connection to the Hart family but I continued to play along as Lorelei followed us into the kitchen. Daniela sat down at the kitchen table and let out a long waited breath and finally took a moment to take in her surroundings- or more so who she was with. She let out a strangled sob as she looked between both Flynn and Lorelei, her hand flying up to cover her mouth. Both parents didn't know how to react as they watched the woman breakdown at their kitchen table.

"Mattie, please tell me what's going on," I pleaded.

"It will make sense soon, please just bare with me," he said softly. "You don't recognise her do you?" Mattheo asked them both.

"A part of me definitely does," Lorelei answered, "But my brain can't connect the dots. I'm sorry."

"Same here kid," Flynn said. "Can you tell us?"

Mattheo sighed, "No, but I can try and show you."

Mattheo withdrew his wand and pointed it at Flynn's temple whispering an incoherent spell. In an instant Flynn's eyes grew wide and his mouth hung open in disbelief. His eyes began to well up and a smile took over his lips, "Dani?" he whispered in uncertainty.

Daniela nodded her head rapidly with more tears gushing down her cheeks. Flynn dropped down to his knees in front of her, wrapping her frail body in his strong arms. They both let out a breathless chuckle and I couldn't help but smile watching their embrace. "Oh Flynn! You're just as I remembered. Maybe a bit taller and a bit more muscly-" he interrupted her with a loud laugh, "- I've missed you so much. All of you!" she said as she looked over to Lorelei who had just had her memories restored by Mattheo.