15. Something I wish to discuss

Cordelia

Cordelia

"Okay guys gather around," Leon announced to the group before we left the common room to get breakfast. "We need to pick out names for the secret santa." Some of us clapped our hands whilst others groaned at the thought of having to buy a gift for someone. "Alright I have some parchment in my bag with some ink and a quill, so everyone tear off a piece of paper and write their names."

We all obliged. "Hey, where's Mattheo?" Enzo asked, as he observed the group.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe he's already at breakfast." Blaise suggested.

"I'll write his name for him." Enzo said. Leon shot me a look that implied an are-you-sure-you-want-him-a-part-of-this, but I give him a smile and a small nod. He was a part of this group now and if one argument or disagreement between two people in the group meant that they had to leave, well then our group would be a lot smaller than it is.

Leon pulled out a hat from God knows where and signalled that we all put our names in. We did so and Leon gave it a shake. "Alright, wands at the ready," Leon instructed. "Lia, why don't you go first."

I stepped forward, hovering the tip of my wand over the opening of the hat. I flicked my wand up, causing one of the names to shoot out from the hat and into the air. I caught it before it could fly away and took a step back before unfolding it and looking at the name written in cursive.

Blaise

Each of us took it in turns to pick out a name, until there was one name left for Mattheo to pick. We always tried our best to keep the secret part of secret santa but within two days, most people knew. Pansy, Enzo and Venus were the worst when it came to keeping this sort of secret.

"Ok, well we have a week and a half until we break up for Christmas, so that means we have roughly two weeks until New Years." I calculated. "Better get busy,"

"Aye aye" Enzo saluted me as we all left for the great hall.

When we arrived, Mattheo was sat on his own. A plate of untouched toast in front of him and a cup of un-drunk coffee by his hand.

"Hey Theo," Enzo called as he patted the boy on the shoulder. We all sat down around him, I kept my distance, sitting at the opposite end to him, Blaise sitting to the left of me. "Here's your secret Santa by the way." He said, handing him a small folded piece of parchment. Mattheo gave him a confused look. "Don't worry I didn't look."

Mattheo unfolded the piece of parchment, taking a brief glance at the name before folding it back up and shoving it in his pocket. We all continued to eat and talk about the day to come.

"I have to go somewhere today. So don't be surprised if you don't see me all that much," Mattheo announced.

"Oh, where y'a going?" Leon asked.