10. Halloween

———————————————————————
A/N: There's a song attached to this chapter. I put a hint when to play it as I feel it will help with imagining the scene a bit better. Let me know what you think x
—————————————————————

 Let me know what you think x—————————————————————

Cordelia

Friday had crept up on us like a sly fox. The sun was no longer in the sky and the moon had taken its place. The party was to start in 2 hours so we were all fussing with our hair and makeup.

"V , can you do my makeup please" Pansy called from the bathroom.

"Of course, come sit at Lexi's desk, I'll pull up a chair." She said once she had finished curling her hair. Venus was phenomenal when it came to makeup, especially Halloween makeup. She never failed in making someone look beautifully hideous. Pansy sat patiently at Lexi's desk admiring her face in the mirror as Venus pulled my chair to sit in front of Pansy. She got right to work, pulling out brush after brush with different products on. I watched in awe from my bed, forgetting that I should continue getting ready myself. My makeup was finished but I still needed to get in costume and do my hair.

A knock at the door caught all of our attention. "Who is it?" I called out.

"It's just us," I heard Draco's rough voice from the other side of the door reply.

"Verify us please," I said with a smile.

"Draco and Blaise" he sighed, "now can we come in?"his tone picking up a smidge of impatience.

"Yes, come in," I replied. They opened the door, observing their surroundings. Both were dressed just in their school shirt, tie and trousers. Pansy smiled at Blaise whilst Venus applied contour to her face. Her lips formed back into a line however when her eyes landed on Draco.

"We have a bit of a problem" Blaise explained.

"Oh yeah, what's that?" Lexi asked.

"Well we have absolutely no fucking clue how to do makeup or face paint and we desperately need it for our costumes" he said, a pleading look in his eyes.

"Ok, well V is the best when it comes to makeup but she's occupied right now so I guess Dee and I can have a go," Lexi suggested. Blaise nodded and sat down next to Lexi on her bed. That left Draco to make his way to me. He stopped in front of me and my chest went tight.

"Is that alright?" He asked. His face was covered in uncertainty as he plopped down next to me.

"Of course" I smiled, "now what do you want?"

"Urm, a skeleton face?" He asked searching my eyes as I moved to go and grab my makeup bag. We had picked up a load of face paint when we were in hogsmeade just in case someone needed it. I came back over and emptied my bag onto my bed and got to work. Brush strokes of black and white paint began to mask his face. His grey- blue eyes standing out through the paint, watching every feature of my face as I continued to work. I stopped, noticing his deep stare.