1. A New Arrival

Cordelia

Cordelia

"Delia, darling, hurry up or you'll be late," my mother called from downstairs.

"Coming mum!" I replied as I scampered down the stairs. Today was the first day back at Hogwarts and to say I was excited would be an understatement. I had kept in touch with most of my friends over the summer and had a few occasional visits from them too.

To be honest , the one person I was a little nervous to see again was Draco. You see, him and I have a... complicated relationship. We were very on and off romantically in our early years and last year , well, that was our worst year. We had gotten into a stupid argument about God knows what and the next day I caught him with his tongue shoved down Pansy's throat. It's not like I didn't see it coming, I mean they had been fawning over each other all year but I guess I just didn't think anything of it. Stupid really, but that was all last year and I've decided to leave that in the past and move on, keeping them both as friends. As hard as it will be. I guess I just didn't want there to be a divide in the group.

I pulled on my shoes as we scattered out of the house. I dragged my case along the stones on our drive way and threw it into the boot with a thud.
"Wand?" My mother questioned, beginning to list all the items I should have with me.

"Check" I replied as I waved it in front of her nose.

"Books?"she queried

"Yup" I spoke , popping the "p".

"Oh! Have you got your uniform?" she franticly yelped.

"Yes mum, I have my uniform" I sighed.

"What about warm clothes for the winter?"

"Yes mum! I have everything, stop worrying." I lightly laughed.

"Okay, okay, now get in the car or we'll be late," She replied as she walked over to the drivers side of the car.

I gave a quick hug to my father who was standing on the front doorstep in his work suit.
"Have a great time honey, and make good choices!" He spoke in his fatherly manner.

"I will dad," I replied with a slight eye roll at his attempt of a short father-to-daughter speech. I rushed back over to the car and plopped into the passengers seat and we soon departed , heading to Kings Cross Station.

We arrived just in time, charging through the tall brick wall in between platforms 9 and 10. An excited buzz filled the atmosphere. Smiling children waving goodbye to their parents as they boarded the Hogwarts Express, while their mothers sobbed into their husband's shoulder not wanting their children to leave. I continued to observe my surroundings until I was met with some familiar faces, Leon and Lexi. Lexi was moving Leon's hair out of his eyes, placing a small peck to his lips when  I ran over and engulfed them each in a hug. They both got together at the the end of our fifth year when they both discovered that the other reciprocated the same feelings as them, they're incredibly cute I have to admit.