8. You required to see us

Mattheo

Mattheo

It was the early hours of the morning. The sky was still painted black and my owl, as dark as the night, had woken me up with a tap at my window. I groaned, fluttering my eyes open and getting out of bed to open the window and let him in. His name is Darcel, given to him for how dark his feathers are. He was a gift from my mother one Christmas, although I don't know who she is ...

The window opened and Darcel flew in, an enveloped letter sealed with our family crest sitting in his beak. I took it from him and quickly glanced across the room to see Leon fast asleep in his bed. I proceeded to open the letter.

Son,

You and Draco are required back at the manor. No questions.

Your Father, The Dark Lord

I sighed, reading the letter over again. What could possibly be so important at this hour? I sat down at my desk, pulling out a piece of parchment and a quill, dipping it into a pot of ink. Right away Father I wrote, before sealing it and sending it off with Darcel.

I got ready as quickly as I could, tightening my tie and pulling on my blazer before rushing out of the room and into the boys room next to ours. "Malfoy" I whispered, prodding him slightly in the side. Nothing. "Malfoy" I whispered more harshly, pushing him harder. Still nothing. "Oh for fuck sake, Draco Malfoy!" I raised my voice, hearing some of the boys stir slightly around me. Shit. Draco finally groaned, rolling onto his back and squinting his eyes open.

"What the fuck do you want?" He grumbled with a sneer.

"We need to go" I said. "My Father needs us."

His face fell as he looked me dead in the eyes. "Now? what for?" He asked, his face riddled with worrisome.

"He didn't say, now come on or we'll be late"

I left the room, waiting for Malfoy in the corridor. He re-emerged from their dorm, fixing his tie as we started to make our way through the desolate corridors.

"How are we getting there?" Draco asked. I scoffed sending him an are-you-kidding look.

"We'll apparate"I sighed, "once we can get clear of the castle". Draco nodded and we continued down the corridors and out of the castle. "Quickly" I said, gesturing for him to hold onto my arm. He rolled his eyes, and reluctantly grabbed ahold of me. Our surroundings swiftly changed into a swirl of blacks and greys. Limbs tangled and our breathing went tight like our lungs were being crushed. Finally it stopped. Our feet hitting solid ground as we looked up at the Grand Malfoy Manor that loomed over us.