-18-

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Daesun continues to fidget her fingers while holding the locket, pondering into deeps thoughts in addition.

Jay was cleaning the living room and kitchen, soon he joined her at the sofa, sitting comfortably beside her.

Though his heart still pounded like it's on a marathon right now, he still gave efforts to contain that emotion to himself for awhile.

He never actually thought about what's his next step with this matter. Thus whatever he thinks he should do, his heart nor stomach won't stop from going insane.

Finally the girl brought all her courage and gave jay the locket, which earns a puzzled look from him. Still she places it to his palm as he saw the unfamiliar lady's picture.

She sure was young, in her early 30s perhaps? But to what she sees in her dreams, the lady was more burned, obviously because of the fire.

"The lady.... Was the same lady from my dreams" Daesun starts off slowly, immediately locking eyes to him.

"Where did you find this?" Jay asks. He's confused right now as well, like what kind of odd coincidence is this?

"I was unpacking my stuff weeks ago and found that, it had a familiar design to the music box i found when i was a child" She says in monotone. Clenching onto the blankets wrapped around her, just thinking about it gives her the chills.

"... What's more weird is the key was actually with my father. You know the necklace he always wears"

A sigh comes out of jay and closed that locket, putting it on the coffee table. "Do you have any plans on asking your father?'

Daesun shook head, fear of what comes next. "I'll just make him more worry if i tell him the whole beginning" she thinks again about others, lowering her gaze to him.

"Don't be too indecisive with your thoughts. It's for you anyways" He comforts, his sweet voice was enough to calm someone down.

"I just don't want to be a burden or a disappointment"

"Yah" There it is again, Jay's soft and lovable angelic voice. She eyes him to the side, seeing him smiling sweetly. "If ever someone shows you that and you feel bad and upset. I'll be your crying shoulder, alright?" He suddenly says, making her blink a couple of times.

But something about the smile and genuine thing in his whole soul tells her to return the smiling gesture, and she did, more widely than his.

Momentarily, the two stopped talking as the mansion filled with silence. Workers and staffs around the mansion isn't that active in the night, don't you think?

Daesun played with the rubber band in her wrist, as jay notices it and blurts out; "I always see you bring those but never i saw you use it"

She uppers her gaze to him, "It's because I don't know how to. Never once i did something with my hair, i just let it be there and wait for someone to do it" she shrugs, probably because she was either lazy to learn how or no one really taught her how just like other parents would do with their daughters.

Getting a selfish step mother was all she had.

Jay nodded it off and the atmosphere became quiet. Soon enough the lights went off, telling that one way or another the night has to end.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Everything is now widely active as we speak, maids and housekeepers scurry here and there to prepare the family's breakfast. Daesun yawned as she got to the solid ground.

The place was surely bigger than their mansion, which amazes her. You can play hide and seek in here.

"Daesun!" Jay warmly greets, sleeves rolled to his elbows, and glasses that she never saw on him which made it look like a new aura for his style.

"Did you got a lot of sleep?" He asks, gesturing her to sit at the dining table. Daesun just nodded for an answer and watch how so many people go back and forth at one pace around the mansion.

"This is your everyday scenario, correct?" She questions slightly, earning a chuckle from him.

A woman came in a suit, her hair tied into a ponytail, she gets greet almost everyone in the room. Jay stood up, "Mom, have a seat" he gestures widely grinning as daesun bowed to her.

Jay didn't took a seat again and just suddenly took a fist full of hair from daesun, gathering it all up and tie it to a pony tail.

She felt speechless and looked up to him who apparently just gave a shy smile.

"Is this the reason why you spend the whole night asking me how to tie ponytails?" Mrs Park joins the whole conversation, a teasing smirk plastered on her face.

"She's just tired daesun, don't listen to her" Jay excuses, patting the girl's back and eyed to his own mother. Though she was confused she just gave it in and nodded.

As they were eating, a few chatters and small talks were happening. Some were related to business and some were not.

"By the way, your father texted me saying they haven't seen you since yesterday night. Didn't you tell them you were here?" Mrs Park says, glancing to the two young adults.

Daesun drops her utensils softly and cleared her throat. "It was unexpected for me to stay here, my apologies. I'll go back home immediately"

"I will drop you off then" Jay suggested, finishing his last few bites of pancakes. Mrs Park furrows her eyebrows. "But your father is on his way right now"

Upon the sudden statement by Mrs Park, daesun trails a shivering breathe as she bit her inner cheek. "Was i suppose to keep it a secret? My pardon" The lady apologizes in her dearest.

"Madam. You have a visitor" A maid announces from behind. Daesun kept waiting for her father to call her name, waiting for the worst.

But strangely, it was someone different. It came walking in the dining table while her bag gripped tightly on her hand, "Joo Daesun!"

It was her dear step mother

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈