²¹supply room

y/n looked over to her friends, who were either daydreaming or resting, with their eyes closed

y/n looked over to her friends, who were either daydreaming or resting, with their eyes closed. she had finished picking the lock, and it was free for her to go in. "I'm going in, don't follow after me." 

she didn't wait for their response, twisting the door knob and pushing the door open. she didn't bother looking back to see if they stood up or not, as she knew that they were too tired to do so. 

entering the supply room, she was immediately met with a quiet aura. she looked around the room, not leaving her spot with her back against the door. "well aren't you a nasty thing."

she stated loudly to no one in particular, make believe so that the others wouldn't push further into her lie. she still hasn't moved from her spot, sniffing lightly.

she could smell the mix of a familiar scent of perfume, blood, sweat, tears, flesh, and food. she looked over to the small bench, seeing empty wrappers and food. she then looked to her right, seeing the shelf of food. 

she could faintly hear the fast paced heart beat inside this room, and she knew for a fact the it wasn't hers. she walked further inside the room, standing near the window. she then stopped, immediately snapping her head to the spot behind the drum.

na-yeon was looking at the ground crouched down, her hands over her mouth. as the girl noticed the pair of shoes in the corner of her eyes, she slowly looked up. at that moment, na-yeon felt like crying.

y/n's wide eyes bore into the girl's, then softly lidded them, before walking towards the shelf of food. na-yeon was shocked; the girl didn't even make a move or said a word towards her, and she knew that y/n hated her. 

as na-yeon stayed in her state of shock, y/n spoke up. "so, i was right. you were here the whole time."

na-yeon only listened to her words, not finding it in her to speak.

"where's miss park?" y/n asked, grabbing a backpack and emptying it of it's contents, and filling it up with food. y/n hummed, as na-yeon didn't say anything. "hm, she's dead. isn't she? she died trying to save you, is what i'm guessing."

"...how'd you know?"

that's a few food packets inside the bag. "how else would you still be alive? you left the recording room last night, sobbing. miss park ran after you. you wouldn't have been able to notice shit as it was dark and you were crying. miss park would've been the bigger person, dragging you away from your death. however, something must've happened that would lead to you being here by herself, and her... not."

na-yeon felt fear in her intenstify, looking down at her shoes throughout y/n's every word. she then muttered under her breath, "since when were you so smart..."

but y/n heard her, venom dripping from her tone. "if you weren't too busy calling me a freak, being selfish, insulting other people, and being a total bitch, then maybe you would've realised it."

pain stabbed through na-yeon through every word, tears dripping from her eye. "so what are you going to do now? are you going to kill me?"

y/n stayed quiet at first, hand freezing in mid-air as she was about to pick another can. she then turned her body towards her. "no. yes, you are at the top of my kill list, your name underlined and circled with red ink, but i cannot. someone told me that i must never take a life, or else it all becomes meaningless."

na-yeon continued looking at her blood splattered shoes, hands shaking. "so my life is meaningless then. i killed-"

"finish that sentence then my life would be meaningless." y/n cut her off, not wanting to hear the following words. she managed to fill up the back pack with a bunch of food, as well as grabbing another side bag and filling that up with water bottles. as she was finished, she looked up at na-yeon. "so, are you going to stay here?"

na-yeon looked up at her, wiping her cheeks. "what do you mean?"

"are you going to come outside with me, reveal yourself, and possibly survive with us? or, are you just going to stay in here, and wait until we all leave." y/n asked her, "i suggest taking the second option, i have a plan on how we get to the roof, and it's not going to be pretty if you stay inside the classroom."

"you hate me though. you all hate me. i would get harassed if i reveal myself to the others." na-yeon spoke softly.

y/n let out a hum. "hm, yeah. you're right. but would you rather choose that, or death. you would only die if you don't leave this room."

"what are you planning? and have you told them about it?" the other asked meekly.

she shook her head. "no, i haven't. but i plan on going to the roof top, creating a barricade at half-way mark of the room, getting the zombies to gather at one side so that we can clear up the hallways. then we make our way up to the roof, and wait for rescuers."

"...how long do you think the rescuers would come here? i can go around night. if you say that zombies are going to be gathering around this room, then they should have somewhat strayed by nightfall, and i would be able to go up to the rooftop. it would be night time as well, so they won't be able to see much."

"yeah... i guess that would work..." y/n stated unsurely. it wasn't because of her plan, but it was because of her first question. will the rescuers actually come and rescue them? she still had her doubts, and she had a feeling that she should be trusting those doubts instead of the adults. 

"if they do come by tomorrow morning, or even around midnight, then i guess them trying to talk to me wouldn't be much. that would work, right y/n?" na-yeon looked at her hopefully.

she nodded. "yeah, but i still think that you should go with us as we leave. as much as i hate you, your death would be a waste."

na-yeon shook her head vigorously, hands lightly shaking. "no, no. i can't. i... i don't have it in me to face all of them yet. not after what i did. it's all my fault. they should be here. they should still be here, all of us should still be surviving as a whole group... but i... i was just... just thinking about me."

"everyone wants to survive, na-yeon. what you did was out of petty, selfishness, pride, and anger. it was wrong. wrong on so many levels." y/n stated, as another tear dripped down na-yeon's face. "but it can't be helped. people are different. whether bad or good. it's how life was made. however, i somewhat believe that people can change."

trust her when she says that, as she had to learn the hard way.

y/n then began walking towards a metal drum stand, tearing it off it's body, then handing it to na-yeon. she then walked back towards the door. "but if you want to stay here, then leave at night, then so be it. stay strong na-yeon. don't die. see you later."

"thanks y/n..."

y/n then opened the door back into the classroom, seeing all her classmates eyes on her. obviously they were about to question her on what happened, but she spoke up first. "i've got food."

"