Episode 18: Define your own fate! Takumi vs Shoto!!

Takumi was walking towards the arena when he was stopped by Endeavor. Takumi looked up at him and glared at him, having no fear of the Pro Hero who stood in front of him.
"Got something to say, Hades?" Takumi asked Endeavor, who growled at the blatant disrespect he was getting from the quirkless boy.

"You should run while you still can. You have gotten very lucky with your technology, but it will not overcome Shoto. You need to remember your place in this world... you are quirkless. You don't have what it takes to become a hero, and I'm tired of seeing people act like you do because you got in a couple of wins due to sheer luck." Endeavor told Takumi. Takumi rolled his eyes.

"Is that all you think a hero is? Just a bunch of people throwing their quirk abilities around in flashy ways saying, 'look at me, make me popular'?! That's not what a hero is. A hero is someone who endures not only for the sake on oneself but for the sake of the people they try to protect. Heroes aren't always perfect, but they always try to take responsibility for their successes and their failures. And let me tell you something you may want to keep in mind, if you're nothing without your quirk, you shouldn't have it... if your quirk is the only thing that makes you a hero, you're no hero, you're a super powered circus monkey in tights making a spectacle of yourself for the world to see." Takumi said as he started walking away. Endeavor growled before he muttered "Idiot" under his breath.

"ALL RIGHT! NOW WE GOT A INTERESTING MATCH UP HERE. ON ONE SIDE, WE GOT THE SON OF NUMBEE 2 HERO, ENDEAVOR. SHOTO TODOROKI! ON THR OTHER SIDE WE HAVE THE SURPRISE DARK HORSE OF THE CONTEST, TAKUMI SAKAI!" Present Mic announced.

"Begin!" Present Mic yelled.

Todoroki instantly sent ice at Takumi, but Takumi flew into the air with his boot jets. Takumi fired his repulsor blast at Todoroki, who dodged the beams, but his movements seemed off to him. He was slower, his eyes seemed cloudier... he was still battling the issues brought to light from his match against Midoriya.
"Hey, Zuko 2.0, if you don't sort out your existential crisis soon, you won't be able to beat me." Takumi told Todoroki. Todoroki glared at Takumi, and he sent large pillars of ice at Takumi, but he was unable to catch his airborne opponent.

"If I use my left side... if I see it as my power like Midoriya wanted... doesn't that lock me into the fate that by father wants for me?" Todoroki asked, Takumi looked at his opponent.

"Is THAT what this is about? You not wanting to become like your father? Todoroki, if you are asking these questions, then it's clear you are already very different than him. We make our own fate, Todoroki." Takumi replied.

"How would you know?" Todoroki asked with frustration as he unleashed a huge pillar of ice that froze Takumi.

"You wouldn't understand what it's like to have a fate that you need to reject so badly that even thinking about it makes you sick." Todoroki said. His eyes widened when he suddenly realized that the ice he made was quickly melting around Takumi, and then, the quirkless boy broke out of the ice.

"WHAT?! Todoroki had Sakai frozen like he did Sero a few matches ago, but unlike Sero, it seems like Sakai was fully prepared for Todoroki's ice attacks." Present Mic announced. Todoroki tried to understand what was going on.

"Astro Protocol: Fire and Ice mode... with this mode, I am protected from fires hotter than the sun, and ice is just something I can melt through. If fate was going to dictate me, you would have won already since I have no quirk... but I grabbed my own fate like a bull by the horns and I made it go where I want." Takumi replied as he flew towards Todoroki and kicked him towards the ground.

Endeavor growled while seeing that and then as Todoroki stood back up, he saw that Takumi was nowhere to be seen. He looked up and saw Takumi in the air. He was smiling. Todoroki looked down to see he was surrounded by smart bombs.
"Boom!" Takumi said as they exploded into an electrical fury. Todoroki yelled as he was shocked by the smart bombs, but he was able to withstand the pain and he stayed standing up.