Episode 12: Who are we gonna fight? The calm before the storm

After lunch break ended, the students all went back to the arena. Midnight looked both excited and confused.
"Before we get to the final event, I've got good news for all those out of the running! This is still a sports festival, so we've prepared a recreational activity for all participants! And after that, we have a special presentation by Mei Hatsume of the support course." Midnight announced, although she was unsure when the presentation by Hatsume was added to the list of events.

"We even shipped cheerleaders from America to get you pumped up..." Present Mic added from the announcers booth when something caught him off guard.

"Hmm? What's this?" Present Mic asked.

"What're they doing?" Aizawa asked in exasperation. He had already gotten off the phone with various media people and even Detective Tsukauchi to discover the truth behind the media backing off all those years ago, he was NOT prepared for another unexpected surprise.

"Class A? why?!" Present Mic asked as the female students from Class A was revealed to be in the same cheerleader outfits as the cheerleaders from America. This caught Takumi off guard as well. What the heck was going on here?

"MINETA! KAMINARI!! YOU TRICKED US?!" Momo yelled as she angrily raised a pom pom in the air. What made this even worse is that Momo had used her quirk to create the cheer costumes for the girls of 1A, meaning she had wasted time using her quirk for nothing. Mineta and Kaminari gave each other thumbs up.

"How'd I let myself get fooled by Mineta's stupid prank..." Momo asked as she hung her head in shame.

"Those idiots..." growled an equally embarrassed Jirou.

"Still time before the main event. No sense in sitting around..." Hagakure replied, deciding to take this all in stride (although it may be easier for her since she is invisible).

"Why not just go with it?! Could be fun!!" Hagakure added as she waved her pom poms with excitement.

"You're enjoying this, Toru." Tsu noted as she watched her cheerful friend encourage the others to make the most of the situation.

Then, Jirou noticed that one of the cheerleaders from America was making her way to Takumi. Was she even allowed to do that? Clearly no one was stopping her, and even Midnight looked on with curiosity of what would happen next.

"Well, well. I didn't think I'd see you here. It actually makes the trip from America to here worth my time." The cheerleader told Takumi with a smile on her face. That's when Takumi recognized her.

Flashback:
Takumi was sitting outside as he watched kids play in the playground. Takumi was at a park with earphones on, listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller. He was singing along to the music when suddenly a girl approached him.
"Anybody ever tell you that you sing very well?" The girl asked Takumi, but he didn't hear her since he had his earbuds in. He did, however, quickly realize she was talking to him, and so he removed his left earbud.

"I'm sorry. I didn't hear you. What did you want to tell me?" Takumi asked. The girl gave Takumi a friendly smile in response before she spoke again.

"I said you sing very well. The song you were singing along to, that was Thriller from Michael Jackson, right?" The girl asked. although the way she said it made it obvious to Takumi that she meant what she said more as a statement than an actual question. Nonetheless, the boy nodded.

"Bet you can't learn the dance moves." The girl said. Takumi chuckled.

"I'm sure I could, but I don't feel like it." Takumi replied. The girl giggled.

"In that case, I triple dog dare you to learn some of the dance moves." The girl said with a friendly, but challenging look on her face. Takumi sighed. Darn him and his need to complete dares.