29. hello, prisoners.

-

ACT TWO
(hello, prisoners)

  VERONÍCA WAITED beside Glenn as the man spray painted an arrow on the wall. As soon as he had finished the group continued. While they hadn't run into any walkers yet, they knew it was only a matter of time.

So as they silently inched closer and closer to the next turn, Rick's flashlight shot around the room.
They turned another corner, a breath of relief filling each of them as it was once again empty.

While Glenn painted another arrow on the wall, it wasn't long before they continued walking. 

Once they turned another corner they regretted it. Seeing as when Rick immediately began yelling for them to go back, they knew exactly what it was.

The group scrambled to turn around, as soon as they did they began bolting. They followed the arrows among twists and turns.

Yet their running came to a halt as Maggie turned around with a yell, more walkers had came from another corner.

The group turned around as well, running into an unknown hallway.

As another group of walkers appeared. The walkers had managed to cut the group in half.

So while Veroníca pulled Glenn into an unlocked room. The rest of the group continued running.

Veroníca breathed heavily, holding the doorknob with one hand.

Glenn examined the nervous woman, frowning at the sight. "Vee, we're gonna be fine. We always are."

"I know. I know.."

"What's bothering you?"

"I just shouldn't have left Rory." Veroníca admitted, a frown coming onto her face while the beating from the door lessened a bit.

"Don't think like that... You shouldn't limit your usefulness to prevent something that.. uh—probably won't happen."

Veroníca didn't reply, instead she pressed her ear to the door. She waited for a moment before nodding to Glenn. "They're leaving."

Glenn nodded at this, waiting til the woman opened the door. As soon as she did he held up his weapon, following behind her as she kept the baton in the air.

"T-dog? Rick?" At Veroníca's hushed whispers, she wasn't expecting to hear a scream in response. Yet as soon as she did, the duo shared a look before following the screaming.

They made a few twists and turns before finally reaching the scene.

The duo was both shocked to see Hershel on the ground, he was laid across a walker and Maggie and Rick were helping him up.

Glenn immediately jumped in, taking Maggie's spot while Daryl and Veroníca killed a few oncoming walkers.

"We're blocked! Get back! Get back! Go!" Rick yelled, turning the group around while Veroníca killed another walker with a hit of the baton.

Hershel's groans of pain continued as they turned through the hallways. When Daryl and Veroníca bumped into Hershel, they immediately turned around.