CHAPTER 21

"Aww, come on, Hiccup!" you groaned. "That's not fair!"

"Where's Astrid?" you asked Hiccup since you hadn't seen her around the island that morning.

"Probably on the early morning ride," Hiccup shrugged, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Why?"

"Just curious," you admitted, climbing on Glacier's back. You had already regained the ability to walk after a few good night's sleep and proper meals. "I'm going to go and check on Leaf and the others. Haven't really talked to them since the first day back."

You had only flown half way when the dragons you were looking for met you.

"Dragon hunters!" Leaf exclaimed with fear in her voice. She was breathing and flapping her wings rapidly, clearly panicking. You carefully stood up on Glacier's wing and Glacier flew above Leaf so you could jump on the young dragon's back.

"Shh," you said soothingly, rubbing Leaf's neck. "Everybody, let's get back to the clubhouse."

"Astrid and Stormfly were in trouble too," Dalfon informed with worry in his voice. "We barely got away."

Your brows furrowed before you signaled to Glacier to pick you up again. "You guys head to the clubhouse where you're safe. We'll help Astrid and Stormfly."

***

Evening was nearing and the waters you flew above were getting stormy. Back on The Edge, Hiccup was getting worried. Especially after the dragons arrived but there was still no sign of you and Astrid.

"I see her! Permission to approach?" Glacier asked.

"Yeah! And then get us all out of here!"

"You got it!" She dove down, grabbing Astrid.

"Thank Thor for you, Y/n!" Astrid cheered.

"You're welcome," you grinned. "Now back to The Edge."

On your way there, you saw Hiccup and the gang hovering in the air, supposedly making a plan. Fishlegs was the one to spot you three. "There!" he announced.

Hiccup reacted the quickest, quickly finding you three. "I'm so glad you three are alright!" he said, flying next to you. "It took time to convince the dragons to not come along."

"Yeah, I believe that," you chuckled. "But let's just head back now, we need to get Astrid somewhere warm." You nodded to Astrid who was sitting behind you, dozing off.

"You too, Y/n. You've also been out all day!" Hiccup said worriedly as everyone turned to fly back.

You coughed slightly. "But not in the water."