CHAPTER 3

"Hide, Glacier," you whispered to her, pressing yourself against her back. She quickly went to an island in a cave you guys had found days before. After a few minutes, you two came out of the cave and started flying back to Lonebreeze. You sighed. "That was close."

"Guys!" Astrid yelled, barging in the clubhouse. "I saw a Dragon Rider!"

"So?" Snotlout asked, carefreely. "It could've been Gustav. He just left."

"Yeah, Astrid," Hiccup agreed. "No need to get so worked up about it."

"Let me clarify," Astrid sighed. "I saw an unknown Dragon Rider."

That piqued the others' interest. "What do you mean? Are you sure?" Hiccup asked.

"Whoever it was, it looked like they were spying on The Edge," Astrid informed seriously.

"Err, Hiccup," Tuffnut started, looking out the door.

"Not now, Tuff, we have a problem."

"Yeah, but," Ruffnut continued her brother's thought, "this might be a bigger problem."

"What?" Hiccup snapped.

"Look," Ruffnut said, pointing out the door, making everyone turn their eyes there.

"Oh, Thor," Fishlegs said, cowering back in fear.

***

"Glacier? Have you seen anyone else? It's too quiet here," you frowned.

"I haven't. Want to fly over the island to check?" she asked.

"Of course," you shrugged.

***

"No one," you sighed. "Where did they go?"

A scream echoed over the ocean.

Glacier frowned. "I might have an idea but you're not going to like it."

***

"Are you serious?" you groaned, looking at the seven dragons who were standing in front of five people and five dragons. "Glacier, get us between them."

"Sure," she nodded, not questioning your judgment and glided down, landing so you were facing the seven dragons.

You sighed with disappointment, drawing a hand over your face before staring at the dragons. "Whose idea was this?"

The dragons simultaneously looked to Heatwave, who started to lower himself into the water slowly.

"Why?!" you asked, raising your brows at him and gesturing with your hands.

"I saw one of them chase you so I decided we would have to protect you," he excused.

"By attacking them?!" you questioned, gesturing behind you.

"Yes?" he answered with a question.

You sighed, placing a hand on your forehead. "Go home, guys. I'll be back by sunset."

"I'm sorry," Heatwave said regretfully.

You walked towards him, giving him a pat on the nose. "You're forgiven. But that was stupid, reckless and it worried me. Don't do that again," you ended the sentence by flicking him on the nose. "Now go home, everyone."

The dragons nodded and raised into the air. You looked around with suspicion. "For goodness' sake, you are an adult Chameleon."

"Going, going," she said before appearing and rising to the sky.

You started to turn around but were stopped by Glacier. "You sure?"

"I'm sure," you confirmed and turned to face the Gang.