CHAPTER 9

"No," he chuckled with a goofy grin. "No they wouldn't."

You yawned, standing up and going out of the cave. Taking a look at the sun, you saw that it was already almost noon and you had slept longer than in a very long time.

"Morning," Leaf chirped, giving you a lick on the face.

"Good morning," you chuckled. "Do you mind catching me a fish?"

"Of course I don't," she smiled before diving into the river and soon, she surfaced with a few fish between her teeth and after putting them down, she quickly lit up a fire.

"You're the best," you grinned, rubbing her head.

"Learned from the best," a new voice chimed in.

You turned your head to Glacier who had just landed next to you. "Hey, Glacier" you hugged her and then mocked a posh voice. "How are you doing on this fine day?"

She bowed to you. "Very good, Ma'am, thank you for asking." You both laughed a bit. "Oh, by the way," she added. "The council will be here soon so eat up."

"It's midday already?" you asked. "Guess the fish cooked for longer than I thought."

"Probably," Glacier shrugged, watching you stuff your mouth with, well, fish... again.

"Hi! Is this Lonebreeze?" you heard a familiar voice ring through the sky and choked on your food a bit.

"Tuffnut!?"