𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 | 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲

Start from the beginning

          "Okay, well let's hurry up." Regina murmured, wringing her top like a goose's neck. "I don't really feel like bumping into whatever is growling nearby."

          "That'd be Cerberus." Nico said, the sleeves of his black skull jumper flopping against his trousers. The sleeves were far too long for his own arms he could have easily been mistaken for Slenderman. He sort of gave Regina the creeps. "But don't worry, he's quite nice once you get to know him."

          "Well I'm not really in the mood to get acquainted with a three headed Rottweiler." Regina said as if it were obvious they shouldn't go near him. They were two very much alive demigods in the land of the dead; they were going to get questioned.

          The two headed down one of the most hollow and acoustic sounding corridors she had ever been in. It also felt never ending, which gave her bad memories of descending into the Labyrinth a year ago. Regina kept up with Nico, who fortunately seemed like he knew where he was going. She had her trust in the Ghost King, watching his eyes dart around in recognition, moving in familiarity.

          Eventually they ended up in some holding cells, much like the ones they found Briares, the Hundred Handed One, in. Except these cells were coated with what could only be blood. It was everywhere: scattered on the walls, smeared on the cell railings, dripping from the ceilings. It made Regina shiver in both discomfort and fear. Whatever happened in this room, was never good. And whoever Hades locked in this room, was also never good.

          Following Nico down the row of cells, trying her very best to avoid eye contact with other monsters and creatures who were locked up , they finally settled on the cell at held Percy. Except, it wasn't even a cell at all. It was a wall. She glanced sideways at Nico, who only quickly took her hand and walked straight into the wall. They came out the other side, Regina feeling like she was drowning a third time today.

          The room was just a squared wall. No doors, no cell bars, no windows. Just walls. She felt like she couldn't breathe, so she wondered how Percy was holding up. Speaking of Percy, Regina braced herself to look at him, wary of the mixed emotions that would surge through her once they made eye contact. Would she be happy? Would she be angry? Would he even feel anything? She turned around to face him.

          He was asleep.

          "Motherfucker." Regina grumbled, shaking her head at the black haired boy who was currently drooling in his sleep. She didn't expect anything less from him. Nico bent down and unclasped the chains that hung around Percy's wrists, and shook his shoulders to wake him, and hissed his name.

          But that was a big mistake.

          Soon enough, Percy was awake and his sword was pressed viciously against Nico's throat, which took even Regina by surprise. On one side, she wanted to help Nico because he looked like he was dying, and on the other, she didn't really feel like interrupting because Percy looked like he had the upper hand, and she didn't necessarily feel like being his next target.

          "Want — to — rescue..." Nico managed to murmur, his head against the stone floor of the cell. Percy's sword was so close against Nico's throat that it was drawing blood. His eyes were angry and frantic, which could only mean Nico had pissed Percy off prior to them rescuing him. She didn't mind the turn of events, though. Percy didn't even realise Regina was standing there yet, and she didn't know if she wanted him to see her or not.