[00] AIRLINE TERMS.

AIRCRAFT VISUAL: 视觉的!

EMIRATES A380 SUPER JUMBO (for a better visual, check the official tour from emirates' youtube channel above!)

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

LOCATION TERMS: 条款!

KITCHEN: galley
COMFORT ROOM: lavatory
BACK SECTION: aft section
FRONT SECTION: forward section

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

DIFFERENT AIRLINE CLASSES:
(by rank, lowest to highest)

ECONOMY CLASS:
the lowest travel class of seating in air travel. seats are smaller and packed more closely together, and in-flight services are limited.

PREMIUM ECONOMY:
seats are a little wider than their economy counterparts,19.5 inches compared to 18 inches. arranged in a 2-4-2 layout rather than the more crowded 3-4-3 of economy.

BUSINESS CLASS:
a class of seating on an airplane that is more expensive than economy but less expensive than first class.

FIRST CLASS:
a category of luxury seating on a plane that has more space, comfort, and service than other seats, with amenities ranging from private suites to access to on-board showers.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

DIFFERENT FLIGHT ATTENDANT RANKS: 排名!

PURSER:
they're responsible for the flight attendants and stewards. they're responsible for supervising the supply of the aircraft's meal trays, the proper functioning of the equipment on board the plane and the relational aspect with the passengers.

SUPERVISOR:
they're responsible for handling all administrative duties for flight attendants which includes image uniform, leaves, terminations, hiring, training, orientations, attendance, disciplinary actions, filing attendance/absence records etc.

ASSISTANT-SUPERVISOR:
they assist the supervisor in handling the job/s at hand. (a/n: there is no such thing as an assistant-supervisor in the aviation industry, but for the sake of this story, let's pretend this role exists.)

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

FLIGHT ROUTES & MORE AIRLINE TERMS: 路线!

DELAY:
a flight delay is when an airline flight takes off and/or lands later than its scheduled time.

JUMPSEAT:
the jumpseat is a slide out seat located between the flight crew members n the cockpit. it is used for the flight attendant for take-off and landing, and if we have an inspector on board.

SAFETY BRIEFING:
the safety briefing (also known as a pre-flight demonstration, in-flight safety briefing, in-flight safety demonstration, safety instructions, or simply the safety video) is a detailed explanation given before take-off to airline passengers about the safety features of the aircraft they are aboard.

BRIEFING ROOM:
where pre-flight briefing takes place, pre-flight briefing will usually include the en-route weather, the estimated flight time, information on any unusual situations, cockpit entry procedure, emergency and communication procedures, and anything that the flight crew or the cabin crews need to discuss related to the flight.

LAYOVER:
stop in a certain destination. flight attendants use their layover time to explore the destination.

DEADHEAD:
flight attendants will board the plane like a passenger, one who is traveling to a destination to be repositioned as part of an off-duty assignment.

C-R-C (CREW REST COMPARTMENT):
where flight attendants stay in and take rests during their long-haul flights.

BUMP OFF:
flight attendant has a right to remove passenger/s off a flight. when the airline asks for volunteers to give up their seats and fly on a different flight, there are not enough volunteers. when this occurs, the airline will select passengers to give up their seats.

PER DIEM:
refers to the allowance paid to crew for expenses on food while on duty on a certain destination.

HANGAR:
a large building with an extensive floor area, typically for housing aircraft. basically, where airplanes are parked.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
if you're wondering,"what's the point of this?" it's to help you understand the various airline terms that i might/will be using in this story. it's for you to gain a better understanding of the story and to genuinely enjoy reading it. again, this is all based on research; i am not a flight attendant.