PROLOGUE 2

A villain is just a victim whose story hasn't been told. – Chris Colfer

PROLOGUE

20 YEARS AGO

Stas

The place was too loud. I am here in this room yet I could still hear the loud voices of those morons who keeps on laughing and teasing me outside. Calling me names. I swallowed hard and looked at the door. My father told me to wait here. For what? Wait for what?

I am eighteen today. I am supposed to be celebrating my birthday with my friends. We already talked about going to a bar and drink, but my dad told me to go with him and I ended up being brought in this place. He said he needed to tell me something. I guess this was important because I could see prominent faces here that I only see in Dad's office or if there was a big celebration that my mother always threw. But there was no celebration here. Well, those people that my father invited here were chugging down alcohol while laughing so hard over nothing.

"Ano sa tingin n'yo? Makakailang rounds si Stas?"

I didn't know who said from the outside that but I felt disgusted. Did my mother know that my father brought me here with these thugs? I knew my mom didn't want me to go with dad. I grew up living with my mother. My father seldom stays in the house. Most of the time he was out doing business. He was busy running his empire. My family owns FR Real Estate and Development and owns several subdivisions and villages across the country. Here in the city, my dad owns the famous Two Tower Hotel Resort and Casino located along Aseana Boulevard.

But earlier in the house when I was about to go, I heard my parents arguing.

"Don't do this to your son, Fedor. He is just a boy." My mother's voice was cracking. There was a pleading tone on the way she said that.

"You know this time will come, Marishka. I gave what you wanted. For eighteen years, Stas lived with you. Lived like a coward under your skirt. Hindi ko pinakialaman kung ano ang gawin mo sa anak mo. But I told you when he turned eighteen, he will be mine. It will be my rules."

My father's voice was cold as ice. He was always like this every time that we would see each other. No feelings.

This time, my mother was crying. "Anong gagawin mo sa anak ko? Tuturuan mong mabuhay sa bayolenteng buhay na alam mo? He doesn't even know how to fight."

Fight? Coming from my mother? She didn't like violence. Of course, I didn't know how to fight. My mom always told me that fights are for cowards.

"You did your part for my son, now it's my turn to be a father to him. You cannot do anything about this, Marishka. He will live like me. He will inherit everything I have. Stas will be on top and he will have to work for that. Hard."

Nagulat pa ako nang biglang bumukas ang pinto at lumabas doon si Daddy. His face was flat while looking at me then slowly, there was a devilish grin forming on his face. He went straight up to me and fixed my clothes.

"You are eighteen now, Stas. And, today you will learn how to be a man."

Naramdaman ko pang marahang tinapik-tapik ni Daddy ang pisngi ko at ngumiti sa akin.

"What do you mean?" Taka ko.

"Ngayon ka bibinyagan." Tumatawang sabi ni Mikos. Nilingon ko siya at nakita kong naglalakad siya palapit sa amin at may hawak na alak sa kamay at sa isang kamay ay may sigarilyo. Assistant ito ni Daddy na laging kasama sa lahat ng lakad. Maliit pa lang ako ay kilala ko na siya dahil mas madalas siya ang substitute ni Daddy sa tuwing hindi ako mapupuntahan.