Part 21

Damian

"How could this have happened?!" Luke demanded aloud to the other alphas.

I was sitting at a table the alphas congregated around as they argued back and forth with one another while I sat there waiting for news from Winx and Jase. More than ten theories were created in the span of ten minutes, all ranging from an assassination attempt to Perry having an evil vendetta against Head Alpha.

Then there was me, waiting patiently for a report from Jase. After sending him off with Winx to protect Piper, I had him investigate the kitchen to see if he could find any evidence against Perry.

"Who was that female doctor that stepped in and saved Head Alpha? Did she work on his private staff?" Luke questioned again.

"Her name is Willow," I spoke up to quiet down the others. "She is a medical resident and a damn good one. If you wish to criticise her for stepping in, then let me remind you that none of you did anything to assist. You all stood there shitting yourselves as she stepped up to the plate and saved Head Alpha's life."

All of them continued to bicker as I sat back and mind-linked Jase to see if he's found anything.

"Jase talk to me. What have you got?"

He mind-linked me back, "I've found evidence against Alpha Perry. I have video surveillances of him tampering with the food. I've also managed to get the bottle out of the trash he used and had it tested and printed. Guess whose prints are all over it."

He chuckled.

"Gee, I can only guess, Jase. What was inside the bottle?"

I knew it had to be deadly to act so quickly.

"Wolfsbane. We also found traces of pure silver."

If Piper took such a concoction, it would have killed her instantly.

"Jase. Bring everything to the dining hall. The alphas are congregated here to pass judgment tonight on the guilty party. With this much evidence, they will definitely find Perry guilty."

"Right away, boss."

"You seem very quiet, Alpha Damian. Something to share?" James snapped at me out of nowhere.

This guy always had a fucking chip on his shoulder for some reason.

"When you were interviewing Perry and Fray, I sent my beta to look around for anything suspicious. He's managed to find video surveillance of the culprit tampering with the food along with the poison in question," I informed them.

"That was fast," Luke muttered.

"Yeah, Damian." James scoffed. "Why didn't you tell the rest of us you sent your beta to investigate?"

"The real question is why didn't you send yours?" I smirked at James as that cocky little shit's grin slowly faded.

"Then how come three of the alphas here saw your luna trading plates with Head Alpha?" Luke piped up.

I glanced at him before turning back to James.

"I see you need your girlfriend to back you up again." I chuckled at him.

Luke kicked his chair out from behind him and slammed his hands down on the table as he growled at me.

"How fucking dare you!" he snarled at me.

"Careful, Luke. A bunny shouldn't challenge a wolf to a fight." I slowly stood up from my chair as I narrowed my eyes at this incompetent little shit. "You have no clue who you're dealing with."