Part 3

The door to Alpha's office opened as I was thrown down in front of him. My body still in pain from the shock made it hard for me to focus, but I managed to get to my knees and watch as the alpha glared down at me.

"So, Piper, I see you managed to make your way out of your locked room. How did you manage it this time?" He crouched down to my level with an arrogant smirk on his face.

Someday, I'll smack that smirk right off his fat face.

"Did one of the guards let you out? Or maybe it was your sex appeal?" He tilted his head to one side.

I wanted to tell him to go fuck himself, but the stupid gag in my mouth kept me quiet. Alpha didn't want answers; he wanted to gloat about catching me. I growled low in my chest as this arse looked me up and down in amusement.

"I think my son will have his work cut out for him dealing with such a difficult luna as yourself."

"I'm no . . . hi . . . Lu-a!" I muffled.

"I know you may not have had that special connection with him, but as soon as he marks you, the two of you will be become the strongest couple in the west. Mated or not," he sneered.

I watched the prick make his way around his gigantic oak desk and sit back on his winged back chair.

"What do you want us to do with her, Alpha?" one of the guards asked.

"Take her back to her room for now. I'll deal with her later." He smirked as I was pulled to my feet.

The two guards began pulling me in the direction of the door when the handle twisted on its own and a panicked guard stormed into the room and quickly kneeled to apologise.

"What is the meaning of this?" the alpha roared at him.

"My Alpha! Alpha Damian . . ." The guard swallowed hard. "He's requested a meeting with you at once! He's on his way here as we speak!" The guard trembled as he looked to Alpha Perry for instructions.

I'd never in all my life seen Alpha Perry go from arrogant to entirely pale in less than a second.

What's with these guys? Was Alpha Damian that much of a big bad wolf to have Perry pissing in his pants?

"You two!" Alpha shouted and waved us back. "Get her under the desk and keep her silent!"

Alpha stepped out from behind his desk, tidying up and fixing things as I was quickly dragged under the desk and sandwiched in between the guards. One of the guards held the taser to my throat and held it there to make sure I didn't make a sound. If any other alpha found out how Perry treated members of his pack, he would be replaced within an hour and that pup of his would be sent off to boarding school.

I couldn't focus on my hatred because the sound of the main doors to the office slamming open made me freeze.

"Alpha Damian! What a surprise! How can I be of assistance?" Perry's voice slightly trembled at the mention of this male's name.

I heard footsteps and assumed it's the selected members of the Lightning Ridge pack coming inside to sit down on the couches. My nose was quick to pick up the same scent from before, and it sent my wolf crazy as she barked "mate" over and over in my head.

"Okay! I get it. Stop barking at me!"

When my wolf finally kept herself quiet, I was able to hear the conversations in the room.

"A young girl was taken from the parade to this pack house by two of your guards. Where is her location now?" Alpha Damian's voice was low and unfeeling, but the threat of violence if he didn't get his way was there in the subtext of it all.

"I'm not sure who you could be speaking of, Alpha?" Perry tried to laugh it off. "No one has come here from the parade today, I assure you. Maybe try the pack house's holding cells? If a person like her is so important to you, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for her." I'd never heard Alpha so afraid before.

I almost felt sorry for the guy if he wasn't such a massive dick.

Three distinct footsteps were all I could hear before I heard Alpha Damian speak again.

"I warn you, Perry. If this is just some game to you, I will make you pay. I've killed wolves for less than this. You know very well what I am capable of." Alpha Damian's voice was sinister towards my alpha.

"Anything you need, I'm sure we will do our utmost to make sure you are comfortable." Perry's voice trembled.

Everyone in every pack knew what Alpha Damian was capable of. He was the leader of the most prestigious pack there was. His pack trained other packs in fighting and battle tactics for fuck's sake. He was the most elite alpha there was, yet here's Perry struggling to talk in straight sentences.

"I know she's been in here because I can smell her. If I find out that you've been keeping her from me, then I warn you, Perry, there will be consequences for your actions today!" His chilly voice made the entire room go silent.

After a short moment, the heavy footsteps left the study. The door closed with a small clunk from the lock. The guards waited for Alpha, who gave the all clear, and resurfaced to see an incredibly pale, trembling Alpha Perry.

The guards pulled me up and waited for further instructions. Perry just looked at me for a moment, still shaken, but eventually calmed down once he noticed the gag still lodged in my mouth. He sneered at me before sighing heavily in relief. Alpha took a few steps in my direction before snatching my chin in his hand.

"Looks like I hold something very close to Alpha Damian's heart." He chuckled as I snatched my head away from him.

My mouth still stuffed with the gag kept me from calling him all names under the sun.

"What shall we do with her, Alpha?" the two guards piped up again.

"Take her to her room and keep a close watch on her this time. I won't have her wandering off like before and finding her mate. She will be mated to my son one way or another." He narrowed his eyes at me.

I was then dragged off through the corridors and all the way back up to my room at the far end of the pack house. As we reached my room, one of the guards removed the gag and opened the door. With my hands still behind my back, they shoved me into the room and let me fall face first on to the braided rug. Fucking arse hats.

I struggled to get to my knees with my hands bound, but as soon as I was up, the feel of a metal shackle being placed around my ankle made me want to beat the crap out of these two. They fixed the other end to one of the guards for good measure, but it wasn't going to stop me from getting the fuck out of here.

The cocky guard I was stuck to fell down on the couch in my room and pulled out his phone from his front pocket for entertainment. The other said nothing and quickly uncuffed me. He slung the cuff back on to his belt, shut the door on his exit, and kept guard outside to make sure I couldn't leave again.

"So how long do I have to suffer your presence for?" I smugly laid down on my bed and kicked my feet up, testing the weight of the heavy chain around my ankle.

"For as long as Alpha says, little pup," the guard replied, not taking his eyes off the phone in his hand.

Little pup? Are you fucking kidding me with this condescending shit?

"I'll be gone by morning." I sighed as I laid back and looked up at my ceiling fan slowly spinning. "Let's hope Alpha doesn't kick the shit out of you for fucking up again."

"We'll see about that," he mocked me and went back to his phone.

I'll get out of here. It might be tricky but not impossible. I'll be disappointed I don't get to see Perry's face when they tell him I'm gone.