Part 16

Damian

My teeth were still throbbing as I retracted them from the delicate skin of her neck. Small beads of blood slowly oozed out of her mark, but I lapped around the wounded area to ease any pain and help speed up the healing process.

Piper was quiet as she rested in my arms. She was not only exhausted, but I knew she was emotionally drained from the experience also. Her stress levels would have been through the roof thinking she was going to be taken back to Perry. Marking wasn't painless either. The initial bite I had to make along with the soul's reconnection between our two bodies was agonizing on a female. It didn't last long at all, but the overwhelming feeling had spilled tears from Piper's eyes. She was falling asleep on my shoulder. I kept a secure hold over her till I heard her heavy breathing finally come under control.

"How was that, little fox?" I gently kissed her cheek.

The only reply I managed to get out of her was a low satisfied hum that made me smile.

"You look like you just want a nap." I chuckled.

She snuggled in closer to me and nodded. If I didn't have things I needed to take care of before dinner tonight, I would just stay here and hold her in my arms as she slept soundly. I needed to get up just as much as she needed her rest.

Very carefully, I lifted Piper in my arms and laid her down on to the soft pillows on our bed. I took the blanket from the end of the bed and tucked her in as she curled up into a little ball and quickly fell asleep. Every time she did anything cute like this, I just wanted to smother her in kisses, but dinner was in a few hours and Piper had nothing to wear.

Piper needed a few hours to rest so I pulled out my phone and set an alarm an hour before dinner. That would give her plenty of time to get ready and three hours of sleep so she wouldn't be fighting to stay awake throughout the party. I left my phone on the side table and quietly made my way out of the room, making sure to close the door softly for once.

When I left Piper safe and sound in our bed, my entire demeanour had shifted and done a complete 180 from yesterday. The main living room in our pack's apartments was surprisingly empty considering it was in the mid-afternoon, but then again, with the entire pack scheduled to leave tomorrow morning, everyone must be out shopping and enjoying the different scenery from home.

With the dinner party tonight, I wasn't sure just what Perry might have planned now that Piper was no longer accessible to him. Willow was a factor in this problem also. She was Piper's best friend and they both needed each other for so many things. They were like two halves of the same coin. Anyone could see that much. Piper was loud where Willow was quiet. Piper had bite to her bark whereas Willow wanted to heal and help other wolves.

My mind slowly drifted back to Perry's plans as I thought about what might happen to Willow if we were to leave her here. Perry would no doubt make her suffer over everything with Piper, and such a thing like that would break my little fox's heart into pieces.

We needed to get Willow out of here and I would prefer if we were able to take her back to Lightning Ridge so she would be with her best friend. Sadly, it wasn't something you could just apply for and have everything done overnight. There were documents to be signed. The alpha of the pack letting the wolf move needed to sign a release of members document that stated that the wolf would be provided with all medical history and worldly possessions they have accumulated. In short, they had to grant permission for the wolf to leave as well as grant them all their possessions to be moved to a new pack.

A wolf like Perry would never agree to such a thing. He wanted something to hold over Piper's head so he could manipulate her and force her to stay. With his ridiculous arse-kissing and weak nature around the other alphas, I doubt any one of them would believe half the crimes Perry had committed.

Perry was a sly wolf. Tonight, he was stuck following the rules because he had Alpha Fray looking over his shoulder closely. Fray was a close friend of Head Alpha's and acted almost like his right hand. There was no way that Fray would let anything happen to him.

If I was Perry and it offended me even thinking so, I wouldn't make a move till tomorrow morning. This party tonight will be crawling with all the pack's private security teams as well as all the alphas that attended. One wrong move on his part could be devastating. Breakfast tomorrow morning was what I was betting on.

As for tonight, Piper still needed her things. I instructed Jase on the walk back to the pack house to send Winx to get Willow. I wanted her there tonight not only for Piper, but also we could keep her from any retribution Perry might be planning. I gave Jase my credit card—which might have been a mistake—and told him to make sure the ladies had everything they needed for tonight's party.

I was I little worried that none of them had mind-linked me about what they were doing, but with the pack house empty the way it was, then I was sure they were out spending my money. Let's just hope Jase got the gift I asked him to get.