Bloody Rose Petals

Zacznij od początku

       Anyways, the card told me to meet him outside tomorrow at the dance immediately when it's over. I'm finally excited for the dance this year! I have a feeling that this year I might actually have a shot at this! I might actually get to be with Kokichi Ouma. 

      I have no idea why I'm so drawn to him. He's so energetic, and always so loving to certain people. He's just the opposite of me, and I somehow love him to death. He's always keeping me on my toes, chasing him in the halls for my hat. Kokichi Ouma drives me insane, but he's best man I've ever met...

I close my notebook and tuck it under my pillow before trying to close my eyes. I have insomnia all the time, so this is no surprise. I'm also anxious about the dance though. What am I gonna say to him? Am I just gonna fess up like that? Hell no. I could never! But would he do it either? I don't know. Kokichi is so complex. I can't tell if he's confident or if its all an act to make us believe he's the happiest man in the world. Who knows anymore? I know I don't.

February 14th, 2022

       This morning is such a pain in my ass. I'm exhausted, stressed, and depressed still. I'm running off two hours of sleep and a cup of caffeine, let's see how I do. Anyways, the school day's going by pretty quick, it's already third period. I haven't seen Kokichi yet though. I see him all afternoon. We have all afternoon classes together of course. 

      I have a tux for tonight, no tie of course. I can't tie a tie for jack-shit. Plus they're irritating. I also got Kokichi a purple rose. I can't wait to hear what he has to tell me. The card said word for word: 'Meet me outside the school right after the dance. -KO'. My heart stopped, and I lost my shit before of course hurling those stupid roses. I should just make Kokichi a flower out of those cursed things.

 I slam my book shut as Kaede comes running up to me. "Oopsies! I didn't mean to scare you!" She giggles, taking the seat next to me. Kaede and I sit together in all of my morning classes because we share all of those classes. She holds out a box of chocolates for me. "Also happy Valentines Day! I got one for all of our friends." 

"Thank you, Kaede. I really needed these today." I chuckle, hoping the sugar might kick-start my system. She smiles back at me. "You're welcome!"

~

Kokichi wasn't at school today,  but Rantaro said he's still going to the dance. I wonder what he was doing today? I dress in a white button down, a dark grey blazer, and dark grey pants. To complete the tux and 'fancy' look, I put on my grandad's old watch. Nothing can go wrong. I am going to be fine. There's not need to be anxious. I sigh as I try to make myself less scared of tonight's outcomes. Nothing's working though. All I can do now is get in the car and go.

The dance goes by rather quickly. Hows of me just sitting in the corner, waiting to see if anyone noticed me. To my luck, they didn't. I'm not a person who's seen by kids here. So, as soon as the clock struck midnight, ran outside to the front of the school. Nobody's here yet. I'll give him ten minutes or so. 

Five or so minutes go by, and there's nobody else here. Or so I think...

"I've actually really liked you for a long time, Rantaro, and that's not a lie." 

"Really? I wouldn't take you as the type to go for someone like me. I would've thought you'd like Shuichi." 

"Nah, I like him and all, but he's not like me at all. He just doesn't get me like you do."

"I understand how that feels... alright, Kokichi, we can give us a shot." 

I listen to the entire confession across the side walk. My eyes fill with tears as the roses stir. I stay undetected, but then I hear a camera click and the flash of a camera in my eyes. I don't even know who it is. I just take off running back into the school. The petals are in my throat.

I stay hunched over the toilet as the petals lurch from my throat. They're purple. Purple petals of mockery...

      I come back to school on Monday, drained from crying all weekend. I sit down in my final afternoon class, waiting for the day to be over. I don't want to see Kokichi for longer than I have to. He can't know I know anything. I have to go undetected. 

"Everyone! Guess what!" Kokichi exclaims as he sprints into the room. I don't look at him, but everyone else does. "Rantaro and I are dating finally!"

Everyone but Kaede and myself applaud him. She puts a sympathetic hand on my arm as I feel like I'm going to puke petals again. I jolt forward a bit as they burn my throat. I have to go. I jump out of my seat before taking off out of the room and to the bathroom. 

"What's his problem?" Kokichi asks. I only ignore his remark as I run for the bathroom. 

I make it to the stall just barely before hurling the petals. They just keep spilling and spilling. But I guess now I have to learn to live with it, because I'll have these bloody petals forever...

~

Sorry the end is rushed! I hit writers block :/

Requested (sorta) by: Luna_star_stro

Again, Im sorry I kinda fucked that up, but if you like it, cool! If not, I'll try to make another one!