The Jaegerists

Eren was to be put in a cell due to his actions in Marley, and that would descend him further into his insanity.

I would live life one day at a time, barely surviving. I would spend time with Jean while looking after Gabi and Falco.
We couldn't deny the existence of the Armageddon threatening to rear its ugly head.

There were former comrades of ours who supported Eren's motives, and they called themselves the Jaegerists.

The leader was Floch Forester, a former Scout. He was dangerous, and he would do Eren's bidding without question.

Under his orders, Floch had captured Hange and Onyankopon, a man who was a supporter of Eldians. At least I thought he was.
Little did I know Floch would come after me next, since I was Eren's sister.

I was a target for the Jaegerists, and I became a terrified mess.

With our fellow Scouts getting captured or joining the Jaegerists, we were losing comrades at an alarming rate.

Jean and I were hiding out with Gabi and Falco, keeping in constant contact with Mikasa, she understood that it was best for me to stay hidden right now to avoid getting captured. We all realized that Titans weren't our biggest threat anymore.

I fulfilled my promise to Gabi that I would send Reiner a letter, letting him know where she was and that she was safe.

This was his response:

Greta,

Thank you for protecting my cousin and keeping her safe. I don't deserve your kindness after what I put you and Eren through all those years ago. I realize you could have killed me back in Liberio, but you didn't. You spared me. I owe you my life, Greta. You were a friend to me and I don't deserve your friendship. You restored my faith in humanity, I can see what a good person you truly are.

I owe you one in the future. Let me know what I can do for you and I won't hesitate to do it. I offer my fellowship, and I promise I won't try to deceive you in any way. If I do, then you can kill me.

Thank you,

Reiner Braun.

I was in awe at his response to my letter. I recalled how badly I wanted to kill him after knowing he betrayed us, and it was because of him and Bertholdt that Eren and I didn't have a home anymore, but I knew it was better to forgive than to hold onto grudges.

Reiner was offering to be my ally, and after further discussion with Jean, we both came to an agreement that having him on our side would be best to help us get through the problems at hand.

Discussing the issue at hand with Jean was good practice for our future as a married couple, because it would be important for us to work together to solve problems. Things like this made our relationship stronger.

I sent another letter to Reiner telling him we needed his help, and he was on the next ship back to Eldia.

In addition, I had a feeling I needed to send Sasha a letter for her to come hide with the rest of us, and when tragic events unfolded, I'm glad my big sister was with me. Turns out, there was an explosion in the Premier's office, killing dozens; and some of the Scouts would die in that explosion.

Reiner had made it to our hiding spot in the middle of the forest where no one ventured, and Sasha made it a few days later.

"Things are getting worse, Greta. Eren and his followers are causing more destruction as we speak." Sasha told me when she found us.

"What else have they done?" I asked hesitantly. "The Jaegerists have infiltrated the new recruitments for the Scouts, and Floch made them beat up Shadis to prove their loyalty to the Jaegerists." Sasha recalled with wide eyes.