Traitors

"That makes sense. She did seem off," Erwin clarified. "We discovered Marco's ODM gear by Hange's observatory," Captain Levi brought the blood-stained weapons into the study along with Section Commander Hange Zoe, and Captain Cara walked beside him. Hange's glasses were soaked with tears from her eyes as she sobbed hysterically. Afterward, Reiner and Bertholdt followed behind, but I could tell something was amiss with the two boys this time. Every time we had gone to fight, I hardly ever saw them; I know that seems strange, but something in the back of my mind was telling me that they had something dangerous in mind, and they were not actually on our side.

My suspicions were about to be confirmed but in the most brutal manner. "She used someone else's gear?" "If she used her own, then she would have automatically been caught, clever if I do say so myself," said Reiner.

Sobbing and sniffing, she cried out, "She killed my babies!". Hange was referring to the Titans Sawney and Bean. She caught them as test subjects to perform experiments. She wanted to know how these creatures worked and why they did what they did.

"But why would she want to kill them?" I tried to make sense of everything unfolding before me.

"That's what we're trying to figure out," Levi said. "So what are we going to do about Annie?" I asked. We could not just wait for things to happen.

Eren was more confused than angry: "But I thought Greta and I had gotten her; we stopped her." "Ah, but she got away. Annie Leonhart is crafty," he told us. All of us were looking for the best plan possible.

     "We're going to need to apprehend her again, but with more people this time," the Commander informed us.

"Yes, Eren and Greta can transform into their Titans if necessary!" Hange had stopped crying and had instantly perked up again. Sometimes I questioned her sanity, but she was one of my good friends.

Sasha entered the study, eating a piece of bread. "What's the plan?" she asked casually. I wish we all could have been as optimistic as Sasha, but our impending doom made it hard.

  "Armin, Mikasa, and Eren will lure Annie into the underground bunker so she can't transform. Greta and Jean will wait outside the bunker with the remaining Scouts. They will have ropes and netting to hinder her. If it gets worse, Greta and Eren will transform into Titans if the worst happens." Commander Erwin presented the plan to us.

  It wouldn't be easy, but we needed to try.

  Greta, what do you think?" my brother asked, looking afraid and confused.

As we looked back at each other, I felt the same fears; we had already gone through so much, and the things we had seen would haunt us for the rest of our lives.

  "If that is what needs to be done to maintain our safety and the security of others, then let's do it." the courage in my words surprised me. A few years ago, I was a scared little girl who did not know if she would be alive the next day, but I was now a Scout in the Survey Corps who was also a Shifter. I had to be brave for the sake of my family, comrades, and friends.

"I believe it's what needs to be done," I added to what I told everyone in the room. "We need to protect the remaining people inside the Walls, and if there are traitors among us, then we must get rid of them," I discreetly glared at Reiner and Bertholdt, "Because we all know what needs to be done with parasites."

  Suddenly, Bertholdt grew pale, and Reiner remained expressionless and stoic. I didn't know how they were traitors, but I could sense they were the latter.

  We needed to sneak away from the Military Police to keep Eren under the radar, and we knew Annie would be there. She had chosen that Regiment over the Scouts.