CHAPTER 20

"Fehime, what will we do? Will we show Sultan the letter Fahriye Sultana ordered us to when she does this?" Gulcemal asked Fehime as they both were in Fahriye's chambers. Sultan sent Fahriye to infirmary chambers where many doctors gathered and he ordered them to do whatever was needed to save her.

"We should, she would get angry on us if we don't after all," Fehime said as she took the letter in her hands. Both of them were very nervous because they had no idea if Fahriye's plan would be successful this time.

"I will bring him that letter and you will tell to Osman Pasha how everything is going. I am afraid if he might do something bad as he doesn't know about this plan," Gulcemal said and separated from Fehime as both of them had their duties to do.

The Palace was in total chaos. Valide Sultana was sick and couldn't move away from her bed. Doctors were always with her but she didn't show any sign of recovering. They had no idea what happened and how they could cure her, but they know this is from the shock she suffered. Fahriye Sultana poisoned herself and Sultan Suleiman ordered all the doctors to come and save her. They were doing everything hoping they could still stop the poison from working. Grand Vizier Ibrahim Pasha was locked in a dungeon waiting for his trial. Hatice Sultana was depressed and threatened everyone she will kill herself if Sultan kills or punish Ibrahim. Beyhan was in Hatice's palace taking care of hers and Fahriye's children as it wouldn't be good if they know what is happening here.

Gulcemal came into the infirmary where Fahriye was laying on the bed not being able to move. Many doctors were around here and they did whatever was needed to wake her up. Suleiman, Hurrem and Mahidevran were there waiting for doctors' reaction or any news. Gulcemal came inside and bowed to all of them.

"Hunkarim, Fehime Hatun gave me this letter which she found in Fahriye Sultana's chambers. I think you should read it," she said passing him the letter.

Dear Suleiman, I probably won't be alive anymore or I would be in a very bad condition when this letter comes into your hands. But only thing I wish to say you is that you led me into this position. You always made huge difference between Hatice and me, and never allowed me to do anything that would make me happy. I loved Osman, and I only wanted to be happy, but you found that as a huge problem. You didn't want us to be together and you had no real explain for that, but let me tell you what it was – you didn't want me to be happy, so you would rather marry me to someone else just not to marry me for a man I love and love me. You never thought about my emotions and how I felt. My whole life I was overshadowed by my sister and she would always get what she wants, and I wouldn't even have the ability to say what I want. May this be forever on your soul, and may you feel guilty because of it. I don't want to live in a world where I won't be with a person I love, so I don't want to live anymore.
Fahriye

Suleiman couldn't handle but not to let tears going down his face. He placed the letter aside and Hurrem and Mahidevran both went to read it while Suleiman sat next to the bed where Fahriye was laying down.

"It is all my guilty my sister, how could I lead you to this condition?" Suleiman talked with himself out loud and he couldn't hide his tears while he took Fahriye's hand into his.

"I am wrong for not letting you marry man you love, if I only could have the possibility, if you would recover, I swear to God I would marry you to him," Suleiman said as he couldn't stop crying knowing all the guilty is his and no one else's.

"Osman Pasha, I need to talk with you seriously," Fehime said as she entered Osman's chambers. He was sitting on his working desk while he was crying as he thought his loved one was dead, and he didn't even care to show his sadness in front of Fehime or anyone else.

"Nothing has any sense anymore, if she is not alive I don't need to be too," Osman said not being able to think about anything else. Fehime has never saw Osman being in this condition.