CHAPTER 4

"Sultana, you shouldn't come inside," a young nurse Aylin said standing in front of the door of chambers where my brother and husband who were injured were laying.

"How are they?" I asked as everyone was around the infirmary chambers they were in. My mother stood there covered in tears in hug with Hatice. Mahidevran had Mustafa with himself and Hurrem was crying in the corner of the hallway.

"They are fine, I made sure to stop their bleeding. Main doctor is now inside with them," nurse said and everyone sighed from relief that at least the bleeding stopped.

"Hurrem, you should go to your chambers. Don't cry and stress here because Suleiman will be fine," I went to her and tried to stay strong while she was crying for the whole time.

"I can't, I am afraid. What if something happens to him? I won't be able to live," Hurrem said and started crying even more so I hugged her to give her some love which no one of people her wanted to give her or be with her.

"Nothing bad will happen, don't even think about that. Go to your chambers and don't stress because you are carrying a child, you know he feels whatever you feel," I said and removed her tears with silver napkin and nodded to Gulnihal to take her to her chambers back.

I went back to stand next to Valide, Hatice, Mahidevran and Gulfem and I saw for the whole time how they were looking in a bad way how I was with Hurrem.

"You will stay away from that woman. She won't bring you any good," Valide said seriously not even looking at me but looking at the doors where nurse Aylin was standing.

"She is trying to manipulate over you Sultana for whole time to get your attention," Mahidevran started to say as she always had something to say and show her hate towards Hurrem.

"While Suleiman is injured in those chambers you still don't think about him but rather fuss to me about how I am good to Hurrem? Don't you have any empathy to that woman? You all hate her and now instead of you praying here for Suleiman's recover you are telling to me what should I do or not," I said to them and Valide looked at me shocked like she couldn't believe I would act like this to her next to everyone.

"Fahriye, you don't know how Hurrem is. You haven't been here for so long time and now you can't mix into those things," Hatice said to me not even raising her voice but having something strong in her voice like she wishes to command me but she knows she can't.

"That doesn't mean I haven't heard everything, but I am not like you Hatice to think only the way others want me to think," I said and looked at the doors the same way my mother did and all three of them looked at me like they couldn't believe I would dare to say something like this to them.

At that moment doctor came outside and it was perfect timing because I couldn't stand any more time with three of them awaiting for him.

"Doctor, how is my son?" Valide asked worriedly about Suleiman's life. I was also afraid for Namik's life as he was also injured.

"Sultanim, both Sultan and Pasha are fine. They are recovering. We will move Sultan into his chambers, but Namik Pasha will have to stay here because it wouldn't be safe to take him to Marmara Palace while he is injured," doctor said and nodded to me as I was perfectly fine with that as long as he recovers well.

"We will prepare chambers to you Fahriye here," Valide said.

"There is no need, I will go to my Palace to be with my children. I don't want to leave them alone," I said as my children were most important to me and I couldn't sleep peacefully if I am separated from them.

Valide, Mahidevran and Hatice went to their chambers back while I decided to stay here for a bit some time as I wanted to ask the doctor about something, but nurse Aylin came to me quicker.