CHAPTER 9

Topkapi
"Hunkarim, you have called for me," Namik Pasha said as he bowed to Suleiman when he entered his chambers. Namik hoped with his whole heart to finally get the position in Divan he was dreaming for his whole life.

"Yes, we have some very serious topic to talk about," Suleiman said with kinda angry tone on Namik who didn't feel so comfortable now. Through his head went everything he has done to Fahriye and if Suleiman would find out about it, Namik would be beheaded.

"What is it, Your Majesty?" Namik asked hoping Suleiman knows nothing about punching Fahriye or cheating on her with Aylin.

"Fahriye said to me she doesn't want to return to Bosnia, she wants to stay here. Do you know how did this happen?" Suleiman asked looking every move Namik made trying to get the truth out of him, to see if he will dare to say anything or will continue with his lies.

"Sultana has been separated from her family for so many years. She said to me she wishes to stay here, because in Bosnia she had no one else beside me and our children. I said to her we have to return to Bosnia because I have to governor there, but she hopes I could get some job here so we could stay," Namik lied so well that anyone there could believe him each word he said and think Fahriye begs for his position, and not him.

"If it's like that, I can't deny my sister's wish. I will give you a job in Istanbul, and I hope you won't disappoint me," Suleiman said to Namik once again looking at his each moviment.

"Your slave Namik is happy with whatever job you give him, Hunkarim," Namik said as he continued to look at the ground and couldn't hide the smile he had on his face.

"Today there will be meet up of Divan, I will name not only you but some else loyal men in the Divan also, so I want you to be present there," Suleiman said and dismissed Namik.

End of the scene

"Validem," I said as I entered my mother's chambers together with my daughter Kaya who wanted to see her grandmother and also play with Mihrimah and Mehmed. As Namik had things to do in Palace, we used time to go there also while Fehime stayed in my Palace together with Mahmud who was too young to travel so often.

"Grandma!" Kaya said as she run in the hug of my mother who loved her so much, sometimes I thought she loves my daughter more than myself but I didn't care about it because I loved my children most in the world and I would never behave to them like my mother behaved to me.

"My beautiful granddaughter, come here," she said as she placed Kaya to sit in her lap while I sat next to her, and Gulfem was sitting on the pillows down on the right side of my Valide.

"I wish you would visit us more often Fahriye, you are only 10 minutes ride from the Palace and you barely come here," my Valide said not even looking at me but looking at Kaya who was so happy to be with her grandmother.

"The situation was like this, now when we will probably stay in Istanbul I will be here more often," I said and I already knew she doesn't like the plan of Namik getting into Divan. I didn't like it too but what could I do when Suleiman wants to find out the truth about him.

"You did your everything to place your husband in Divan," Valide said and embarrassing silence started. If she only would have known how is he behaving to me I wouldn't even want to see him, not even putting him in Divan. But I had to be silent because this was the thing only Suleiman, Osman, I and now Mahidevran knew.

"Sultanim, you have very beautiful necklace, I have never seen so beautiful one like this," Gulfem said looking at the necklace Osman has gifted me.

"Namik Pasha must have gifted this him to his beloved wife who wants to do everything to put him on higher positions," Valide said being arrogant once again. I knew she never loved me but I didn't know why she has to behave like this even in front of Gulfem and Kaya who was only 4 years old and had no idea how her father was.