CHAPTER 5

Osman Agha's pov
Being born as son of farmer made my life even harder than anything. It wasn't hard because of all the work we had to do on field for our owners the Iskenderoglu family (family of Bosnian governors, Namik Pasha's family), but their behaviour towards us.

My real name is Mitar. I was born on summer night exactly 23 years old in the mountains of southern Bosnia. My mother Ana died after giving birth to me, leaving my father Petar, my brother Jovan and me completely alone.

Everything we have been doing in our life was serving the Iskenderoglu family who were traitors. We did so much job to them but rarely got paid, even though other families payed for their workers.

As Iskenderoglus were governors of the Bosnia, they always kept their heads high and acted like they were Sultan himself. Especially Ahmed Pasha, governor of Bosnia and father of Namik Pasha. I remember the summer day when we worked on field. It was so hot we barely could breath, water was important for us to keep working. But he did nothing to help us, he just sent his higher positioned servants to beat us how we would be too afraid to stop, but actually we would just lose our consciousness.

Being aged 12 the janissaries came into our village and as part of devshirme they took the little boys. I saw this as perfect opportunity to go to janissaries and join them because everything was better than working for Iskenderoglu family. I swore to my brother and father that one day when I become successful I would return and save them from this hell on earth. I promised if I ever get the opportunity I would show the world how Iskenderoglu family is for real.

Janissaries took me and I went together with them in Istanbul where together with all other boys I learnt how to fight. They changed my name into Osman. Aged 18 I went to my first battle which Sultan Suleiman took us to. After 6 years of practice I was very well soldier and Sultan's viziers saw that.

They took me into the Palace as Sultan wanted to keep talented people like me close to himself. They kept me in palace and gave me title of agha. Sultan appointed me on his missions to fight the traitors which I was successful in.

But at that time, instead of fighting Iskenderoglu, they were gifted with the most precious Ottoman gift – Iskenderoglu Ahmed's son Namik got Sultan Suleiman's sister Fahriye as his wife. They married and made even stronger influence over their territory.

I couldn't find proofs about Iskenderoglu's traitorous acts. There was nothing I could do, because who would believe a random agha servant rather than father-in-law of the Dynasty.

As the old Iskenderoglu died his son succeeded everything. But his position of governor of Bosnia wasn't enough for him, he wanted to even get in Grand Divan, and he hoped to get everything that because of his wife Fahriye Sultana when they arrived in Istanbul.

But at that moment everything changed to me when I saw woman in front of who my heart beats like it has never did. I never felt the emotion of love towards the woman until the moment I saw her.

I couldn't say it is love, but something so fascinating in her. Something that I have never seen in any other woman. Something I have never felt before. For the whole time I felt some positive energy while I was around her, like she had shared the energy so much that no one beside her could stay calm to that.

I haven't talked a lot with her, only when we would see each other while she would go to Harem, but I couldn't realise one thing. How a woman like her was happy with Namik, the member of the traitorous family.

Man who's family is known for having women aside their wife and having illegitimate children all around the Bosnia. I wouldn't be surprised if he was also like that to her.