Chapter 2 -ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ-

Ionas: pov

I groan staring at the red light.
God will it hurry the fuck up.

"Mommy" I look thru the rear view mirror at Noah who was holding up a thing of Scooby-doo snacks.

It was very too early for sugar but hey it's his birthday I'll let him enjoy it just for today.

"Sure bud"

My phone vibrated in my purse, I fish it out while keeping eye contact with the light.

I put the phone up to my face and it instantly turns on. Another message from Sam.

𝗦𝗔𝗠: 𝗛𝗲𝘆 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗴𝗼 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗿 𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗲 𝗰𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗡𝗼𝗮𝗵𝘀 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆? 𝗶 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝟯 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗶 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗮 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸?

𝙄𝙊𝙉𝘼:𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙚

𝗦𝗔𝗠: 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗮 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸.

She was right I did need a break taking care of a child is hard and on top of having my own business now...whew.

        𝙄𝙊𝙉𝘼: 𝙞'𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙞 𝙜𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙖 𝙜𝙤.

I put my phone away just as the light turned green and sped off.

Maybe going out won't be such a bad ideas.

I pulled up in front of the green building with ABC letters and Kid designs all long it. The big 𝗡𝗬 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗘 sign glowed sending a white glow inside of my car.

I grabbed Noah's bag from the truck that I packed the night before that my gut told me to pack and thank god I listened.

I grab Noah's hands as we walked up to the front of the building just as my best friend Sam walks out.

Sam has worked at Ny daycare for a little while now She loves kids and this is something she has always wanted to do. It's a plus for me since I know I have someone I can trust to take care of Noah.

"Hey Iona" Sam says pulling me Into a hug before bending down picking Noah up in her arms in fetal position swinging him back and fourth while singing happy birthday and showering him in kisses.

She loves her Noah so much and Noah loves her a lot too.

I watch the interaction my heart warm. Noah was laughing a little slobber coming out of him mouth. He still held onto him gummies he wouldn't dare let them go even if it was life or death.

I briefly speak to the owner inside of the daycare while checking Noah in before coming back out to see Noah and Sam dancing.  I smile at the cuteness.

I didn't want to interrupt but I had to go. I kiss Noah goodbye and give Sam a quick hug before hoping in my car (sam yelling after me to have a good day and kick ass) and leaving towards IR Book company.

On the way I swing by   Starbucks and get a Pink Drink Refresher and then a hash brown from McDonald.
At this point I was already hella late so what would ten more minutes make. I'm late, I'm late.

I eventually pull in a parking spot a block down from IR since there was no parking spaces in front. I was irritated at that.

I take my time and grab my purse and my food Before getting out the car.

I was walking up the side walk distracted not paying attention. I was digging in my purse trying to find the keys to the building when I feel what felt like walking into a brick wall.

Everything falls from my hands. I watch as my phone slams against the concrete. I already know it was done for, I had no case.

"Fuck" I curse with a sigh knowing I was going to need to buy a new phone. bending down i pick up my phone I didn't even look at it I didn't want to see 3k going down the drain.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going" I said throwing the phone into my purse that happened to still be on my shoulder but unfortunately the drink was done for, the pink liquid and ice was at my feet.

I was too engraved with what happened that I totally forgot that I bumped into a person and I didn't even check if they were okay. I'm Ashamed.

I instantly look up and ask if they were okay and gods when I looked up the wind was knocked out of my lungs.

☆A/N: to be continued if I ever continue. (I need some inspiration and some ideas)☆