2.

A WEEK HAS SLOWLY GONE. the longest week of my life. Rafe has decided to stay with me even though I have told him several times to leave, but he refuses. My father has not yet explained all his lies which irritates me immensely.Unfortunately I'm still in the hospital. The shot destroyed more than they thought. I even have to learn to walk again. Everyone says I can do it, but I doubt it.The gold is gone. Because ward had shot mine, he was able to leave, because everyone was distracted. He hasn't come back to Outerbanks since then either.

The pogues come by every day. Rafe and JJ even seem to get along well, which really annoys me. If they were just allowed to each other, that crazy plan wouldn't even have happened." you can do it Liv" I am shaken out of my thoughts by the physiotherapist who is holding me up. "I can't" I say irritated. I have to practice walking every day. I hold on to the bars of the walkway myself.

"Yes you can" Rafe says softly. "Can anyone stop saying what I can or cannot do?" I say angrily. "It's good for today," says the physiotherapist. "You have come further than yesterday" he says proudly. He slides the wheelchair under me so that I can sit again. I look at the walkway. Beyond yesterday? What a joke I'm not even close to half. "I'll see you again tomorrow" the man says happily. I nod. Rafe slowly pushes me out of the hospital gym toward the room where I'm lying. He pushes me into my room and helps me out of the wheelchair onto my bed.

"Are you okay?" he asks me and I nod slowly. "You can go now" I say to him and let my head fall on my pillow. "Are you okay?" He grabs my hand gently, but I quickly pull it back. "I'm fine" I look at the ceiling. He sighs softly. "Liv I know this is awful, but you'll get there. Stop pushing everyone away" I pull myself up."I'm going crazy here Rafe. I keep going and then I'm not just talking about the guilt I carry with me every day" I say angrily to him. "I've told you a few times it's okay"

"Okay? It's okay? I think about it every night. How you told me you didn't believe me and I get that. Those words go through my head every minute of the day. Every day I hope you'll lash out at me and walk away" the tears stream down my cheeks."Nobody knows if I can ever walk again. You still have your whole life ahead of you. Please go away and live, instead of taking care of someone in a goddamn wheelchair" I throw a pillow with all my strength at my wheelchair. He doesn't even move a few feet to one side.

I collapse crying. Rafe's warm hands run over my back. He slowly pulls me towards him. "I don't want to live this way" I say crying. Rafe holds me tighter. "I will never leave you alone" he comforts me slowly. "I beg you please go away" I say softly. "No Liv I'm not leaving" he pulls me closer to him. "we're going to recover together" he rubs my back.