18.

I WAKE UP TO A WEIRD SOUND

I WAKE UP TO A WEIRD SOUND. John b, JJ and I smoked almost all the weed, like the good old days. I fall asleep again slowly.

Again I hear a strange noise. I look to the side and my phone almost vibrates off my nightstand. I pick it up and the screen says 'rafe'

"Rafe do you know what time it is" I say irritated.

"June?" his voice sounds broken and I sit up straight away.

"I really need you right now"

"what's going on?"

"Please come over here"

"I'm coming" I hang up the phone and get out of bed. I quickly put on some clothes and step into my shoes.

" june what are you going to do" John B rubs his eyes. "I'll explain later I really have to go now" he nods and I walk away. I'm not quick to panic but Rafe's broken voice makes me panic.

I run to the house. Fortunately it is very close, I run open the porch and push the door open. I enter the living room panting. Rafe is shaking all over on the couch.

There is vomit on the floor in front of him. "rafe?" He looks at me trembling. "what happened" "I don't know, I don't remember anything" he is totally panicked.

"Shall I call your father?" I walk closer to him. He shakes his head. "No please not" I stand next to him and he looks straight ahead. Gently reach out to him in my hand.

He looks at my hand. He grabs my hand trembling. "It's going to be okay" I say softly.

I help him by supporting him because everything in him shakes. I lead him upstairs. We walk to the bedroom together. I lead him to his bed and help it with his clothes.

I honestly have no idea what could have happened. I do have a suspicion.
"Rafe you really don't remember anything" he lies down and I put the covers over him. "No," he says softly.

I walk away to get a washcloth with Rafe holding me back. " please don't go" "I'm not going I just grab a washcloth" he lets go of me slowly

I see Rafe's phone and pick it up from the floor. I open his phone and call ward. I can't do this alone, I don't know how to handle this.
I grab between a washcloth and wet it, the phone rings a few times.

"Rafe do you know what time it is?" Ward picks up the phone irritated.

"sorry to bother you, but there's something happens to rafe"

" june? What happened"

"I don't know, he called me I ran here and found him on the couch all trembling with puke all around him"

"where is he now?"

" he's in bed but I don't know what to do" panic is now also in my voice.

"I'm coming" Ward hangs up,

I put his phone down and walk back to his room. Rafe threw up again. "Damn it" I pull the covers off him. Rafe sleeps through everything.

Fortunately, he lay on his side. I place the washcloth on his forehead and pull the duvet off.

I throw it in the wash right away. I hear a door downstairs. I run down the stairs and Ward and Sarah are in the hallway. "Hey" I say softly.

Sarah looks at me with a faint smile. "June I'm glad you're here" Ward walks up the stairs. Sarah follows after him.

Ward opens his door softly. Rafe is sleeping on his side. "Rafe" Ward shakes him gently from side to side. Fortunately, he responds quickly. "Dad what are you doing here" he still trembles.

"you gonna sleep at our house tonight" ward says softly. I grab a pair of jogging pants for Rafe from the closet. His father helps him sit up. Sarah looks at her brother with tears in her eyes.

Ward helps him put on his pants and gently pulls him up. I rip off the rest of his bed and throw it in the wash too.

I walk down again. Ward has put Rafe in the car and Sarah is sitting next to him. "June do you know what could have happened?" Ward asks me.

"Rafe is on the coke again. I think he took too much tonight" I say softly and look at the ground.
"thanks for calling, you're a good girl" says ward sweet,

"should I take you home?" " no it's all right I'm going to clean up the last things here" I give him a soft smile. "Thanks again"

I nod and walk back into the house. Tears stream down my cheeks. Somehow I feel guilty and I feel like it's my fault.

I start by cleaning everything up. All the shards and junk from the past weeks.