epilogue.

I SLOWLY PLACE MY GOODS BACK IN THE OLD PLACE

I hear a soft knock on the door. I turn my head to JJ standing in the doorway.

i smile at him. "happy to be back?" he asks me. I slowly nod my head. "You smell too much" I say softly laughing and slowly stand up again.

"here" JJ takes a small box from his pocket. "because I didn't give you a house warming gift last time," he says with a laugh. I open the package and take out a necklace with the letter J on it. "It's the first letter of your father, brother and of course your best friend" he says with a soft laugh.

I give him a hug "thank you so much JJ" he lets go of me slowly. "See you this afternoon at the beach" I nod. he smiles and walks away. I walk to the mirror and put on my necklace.

I smile at my reflection in the mirror. I'm sure this time will be fine. I have changed and he has changed too. we'll get out of this together if we just have each other.

I walk away from the mirror downstairs. I look around and see Rafe nowhere. I walk to the backyard where Rafe is sitting in the rocking chair. I slowly sit next to him. he puts his arm around me and runs his fingers gently over my shoulder.

I lay my head on his shoulder and look over the beautiful garden we have.
Rafe kisses my hair. I give a kiss on his shoulder.

I've been feeling awful for the past few weeks. there was a kind of emptiness in me that just didn't turn out right. I didn't know where the feeling came from until I came back to Rafe. after all the problems we've had, he's the one for me.

his presence makes me happy and warm inside. "Look" Rafe takes his gold ring from his pants pocket. he slowly takes my hand and slides the ring back on my finger. I see that he is wearing his ring again.

"our promise ring" I smile at him. "I want to do something different" he looks at me. "June I really don't ever want to leave you or you with me" he says softly. I look into his heavenly blue eyes.

"I will marry you and be with you for the rest of my life" he puts his hand on my cheek. "and I don't need a fancy wedding, just you and me together and nobody else" I grab his hand that is on his face and smile softly.

"When do you want to do that?" I look at him. he slowly pulls his ring off his finger and mine. " dear june becky routlegde, will you stay with me for the rest of your life and support me in all the ups and downs" i smile softly "i do" he slides my ring back on my finger.

he gives his ring to me. " dear Rafe cameron, will you stay with me for the rest of your life and support me through all the ups and downs" "i do" I slide his ring on his finger.

he takes my head gently between his hands and kisses me. he then pulls me into a hug.

"forever right?" he whispers. "forever"