Additional Part #2

TRIX'S POV

This is when Trix finds out that Faye has gone to Loamnore.

The one day that Trix decided to meet the new guy, Faye wasn't there.

The new guy—Tam—wasn't there either.

He finished his breakfast quickly and made his way to Faye's room.

He knocked first. No answer. He opened the door, but nobody was in there.

Tam was in the room that Umber used to sleep in before she...

He hesitated before knocking on the door to Tam's room. He didn't want to bring back memories of all those times he spent knocking on the door for Umber. Once he knocked, there was no answer. He peeked into the room, but it was bare. The bed was stripped of it's blankets. The dresser's drawers were open, clothing hanging out of them. There was nothing on the nightstand except for two books:

Mastering Shadowflux for the Art of the Mind and

Shadowflux: Learning to Control

Were these the book that Umber had used to learn Shadowflux?

Trix closed his eyes. He didn't want to lose composure—couldn't use composure.

Where could Faye be?

He ran through the halls, looking for Fintan or Vespera or Gethen or Ruy or anybody.

Trix found his way back to the cafeteria and found Annalise.

Her brown hair was pulled up in a messy bun on the top of her head, and she was wearing a human T-shirt with shorts.

"Do you know where Glimmer is?" He asked her.

"I don't know specifically, but I heard they were going on a mission to the dwarven capital. Something about a Transformation for someone named 'Keefe Sencen'." Her voice was light and soft.

"No, no, no..." Trix said. Faye couldn't go on a mission. He'd lose another friend. First Spark, then Umber, and soon, Faye. "Is there any way to get there?" He asked.

"Not that I know of. You'll have to ask Vespera. She knows the most about it." Annalise said, then added. "As a matter of fact, she's right behind you."

"You don't understand!" Trix exclaimed. "I... I can't lose another friend."

"You don't understand." Vespera said. "Emotions are for the faint of heart. If Glimmer doesn't make it, time will pass, and you'll be fine. Even though I don't agree with Gisela's plan for this boy—she focuses too much on smaller things instead of the grand scheme—I think that it can benefit you. Teach you to forget the wrongs that you have thought. Friends are only there to prolong boredom, nothing else. I believe that alliances and treaties work well enough. They don't always lead to friendships—but they can lead to... bonding... at times."

Vespera wouldn't understand. "Please." Trix pleaded

"I can't help you any more than I can, even if I wanted to." Vespera said, then added, "Which i most definitely don't want to help you."

"Why don't you?"

"Many reasons, only a few you could understand, though. As you age, everything becomes less and less important: Relationships, work, 'quests'... Everything. I resorted to the Neverseen because it gave me something to do—so I wouldn't be there sitting around for centuries straight. I don't care about having 'fun' or 'love' or even 'want' for anything. You will eventually learn to do that, too."

Yeah, right.