11

Once Louis has reached his room, everything really starts to sink in.

Somehow he managed to already mess up on day one of being the Luna of the pack. He already put his pack in danger.

He's trying to shake the thoughts out of his head when Harry stumbles into the room with a huge frown on his face.

"There you are." The alpha says slightly out of breath. "You just ran off and I couldn't find you for a while. What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" Louis repeats the question, looking at Harry like he's out of his mind. "Maybe the fact that I already managed to put our pack into danger? Let me remind you that Nick is after me and he's so greedy that he might start a war just to have me back and on my knees again. I'm a failure, Harry." The omega snaps, telling all his frustrations in one breath and as a result, he has to take a deep breath after he's said what's on his mind.

Harry's eyes soften and the frown disappears from his worried face. "Is that all? Lou, I already told you that we are going to be just fine. He has a disadvantage because he can't cross the border. If he sends people to our territory, they won't have their alpha and we will."

The words of affirmation that Harry's telling him slightly ease his mind, but there are all still some worries running through his head and he's afraid they aren't going away for a while.

Suddenly, an idea pops into Louis' head. "Mate me." He simply stays and he watches the alpha's reaction carefully.

"What?" Harry stammers out, surprise and confusion evident on his face.

"Well," Louis starts explaining, "you would be stronger if you're mated and that way Nick might lay off too, because who wants a mated omega?"

The alpha shakes his head stubbornly and that hurts Louis. Harry must have seen the sorrow on Louis' face and he immediately reaches towards the omega's cheek to make the boy look at him. "Baby, please don't take this the wrong way. You know I would love to mate you, but not this way. I want it to be special and for both of us to be ready and at the moment we aren't. Mating shouldn't be forced."

Louis looks away from the alpha once he's heard the words and he knows that Harry is right. "I know... I just feel useless and I hate it. This way I could have helped."

Harry smiles softly and pulls the omega into a bone-crushing hug. "You can help our pack with other things, believe me. Everyone is a little bit distressed because of what happened earlier, so maybe you can go down there and ease some of the pack members' minds?"

Louis can't help but feel stupid. Instead of thinking about the pack's feelings, he only thought of his own. It hadn't crossed his mind once that the pack could be scared too.

So he nods his head. "Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry for snapping at you. It's not your fault."

Harry grins and pecks Louis' lips before answering. "It isn't your fault either. Nick's just an asshole and we shouldn't spend our energy on him, everything will be just fine."

And Louis chose to believe his boyfriend's words. Yeah, everything would be just fine.

-

They had fallen into their normal rhythm again the next day and everything was going just fine.

That was until Liam suddenly came flying into their room without bothering to knock. Luckily, Harry and Louis were simply talking, but they were startled for sure.

"Harry," Liam pants, trying to catch his breath. "You have to come with me and you too Louis."

The couple looks at the pack beta with confused expressions on their faces, but they stand up to follow Liam anyway.