𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 23

He got inside the cold, abandoned house. The stairs right in front of him were standing tall, yet a wreck, but still emitting some of its previous glory. The rest of the room was messy; pieces of wood, construction wire and concrete were covering parts of the floor, while the coat of dust covering it all was making the atmosphere heavy. The boy walked slowly around the bottom floor, not wanting to go upstairs in case the staircase collapsed. He wandered into the left room; what seemed to have been a living room once. The fire that had occurred had burnt down the wallpapers and every feature that would recognize it as a living room.

He observed his surroundings, trying to find the perfect spot. The boy spotted the curtain rod that was still there. No curtains, only their hoops. He reached his arm and pulled on it, testing its strength. <<It looks strong>> he thought to himself. He proceeded to pull onto it with both his arms, surprised to find it was strong enough to hold him. As he stood back on his feet, he realized he was actually about to do it. He was going to hang himself, right there and then because he was a monster, a mistake of nature and a murderer.

He simply could not bear the thoughts anymore. He had the blood of his best friend on his hands, he had murdered him right in front of Allison whose father won't hesitate to shove a bullet in his skull. Lydia had lost Jackson to Stiles, who loved her too much. The burden was upon him. He thought of his mother, who was at work saving lives. She wouldn't be able to save him. He thought of Mr Stilinski, who was probably still at the Sheriff's station, mourning the loss of his only son. Argent's words were spinning in his head: 

He is a monster, a mistake of nature.

He was right. 

- Scott McCall should have died in the woods that night, he said to himself as he tied the knotted rope around the curtain rod. 

- But here I am, a monster and a mistake. 

Rage and sadness were flooding his brain, blurring his thoughts and messing with his emotions. The rope was tied. He walked out of the room, took an old weary chair he has seen beside a staircase and placed it under the noose, facing the window. The boy stepped onto it and passed his head inside the loop. His empty eyes were forming tears as he began to cry silently. 

- I'm sorry mom... I'm so sorry... I couldn't make it, Allison, he managed between hiccups and sobs. "Stiles, I'm coming man!

- I wouldn't think so, Scott heard a voice from behind.