𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 13

- What would your father say when he finds out that his son had committed murder? Lydia said steadily, trying to control her trembling voice. 

- My father, Stiles didn't expect that card to be played by any of them. 

Maybe from Scott, but Lydia? He had never imagined it. 

- What could he possibly do? Lock me up in a cell? he chuckled. 

None could believe what they just heard. 

- He could-... No, he will lose his job! He is the freaking Sheriff! Scott squawked, unable to believe that his so-long friend, who he knew so well, did not care about the consequences of his actions on his father's life. He couldn't possibly mean any of the words he said. 

- What do you think will happen when they find out it was his son who committed the murder? There is no way they would let him keep his job, he continued.

- Th...There's still a... Allison gulped. There's still a dead body here.. Are we just going to ignore that? she said, trying to sound calm. 

- You do realize we have to call the police on you...Right? he added. 

Scott hated every word. He despised the fact that he was about to lose his best friend and he didn't even understand why he committed that crime. Sure, he did not like Jackson either, but death? Not even he deserved that. 

- I'm sorry to break it to you, Scotty. Stiles' voice was filled with emptiness and had an almost cheery note. But that isn't happening today. 

He picked up his bat with his right hand and looked at it thoughtfully. He swung it over his shoulder and looked at the couple before him with a void stare. It felt as if it lasted for centuries. The boy with the bloody hands and dark heart headed closer to Allison and her boyfriend, eyeing them both. 

- Sweet dreams. 

He forcefully banged the baseball bat on Scott's head, who fell to the ground hollering in pain. Stiles swung the bat back on his shoulder again. 

- Like I said earlier, stop your whining. It'll heal.