𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

It was homecoming night. Stiles was to escort Lydia since she and Jackson had broken up. He had no idea how or why she agreed, but he was on cloud nine. He had loved her since middle school and had been waiting for so long to hold her hand or even have a proper conversation with her, without the girl ignoring him.

Stiles parked his old blue Jeep in front of the school gate, just a couple of meters away. As he helped Lydia off, a black Porsche parked a few spots to the right. A tall blonde teenager got out from the driver's seat, with a long-haired brunette coming out the other side. Lydia was left staring, as Stiles was trying to close the Jeep's door. 

- Come on you rusty door, he cursed to himself. 

He finally banged the door shut and turn to his 'date' for the night. He caught her staring at Jackson and Allison, who were making their way towards the school. 

- Listen here, you. Let's make one thing clear. I am not a little "pick-me" schoolgirl. I will not fall for any compliments whatsoever, understood? she said while turning to face the taller freckled boy. 

- Well, if you ask me, I think you look beautiful, he said with a bit of hesitation. 

Lydia's stone-hard face quickly turned into a sweet smile and with a melon voice she said: 

- Really? You think so? 

Stiles nodded a yes, as he crossed his elbow with hers and they both started to walk towards the school gate.