Insert Twenty-Seven

***Noluthando's pov***

I'm at the mall trying to find the shoes I've beeeen wanting and the previous store I went to , they were out of stock. I just give up looking for them and head to Pick n pay to buy my kids some snacks. While pushing my trolley along the snacks aisle , I see Sphamandla , he spots me and come towards my direction , I try to turn fast and walk to the other side but he's already grabbing my waist.

Me : "Leave me alone Sphamandla."  I say in my shaky voice.

Spha : "S'momondiya sami ehlisa umoya."  He says lifting my face to look at him. He kisses me and I respond but quickly break the kiss.

Me : "Ungifunani Sphamandla?"

Spha : "I missed you and I want us to talk mama." I leave him like that and this time he just walks beside me until I get to my car and drive off , leaving him standing. I drive to the Botanical gardens and just take stroll around after finding a safe parking. While walking around a dirty little boy comes running towards me and hides behind me , holding on my leg tightly , I can feel his body shaking , his clothes are torn. I take him into my arms and he just snuggles on my chest holding my t-shirt so tight , I rub his back.

Me : "Hello Fano."

Boy : *sniffs*

Me : "ubani igama?"

Boy : "Lethukuthula."

Me : "uhamba nobani?"

Boy : "ngedwa." He says crying.

Me : "wedwa?"

Boy : "umama ungishiye lana."

Me : "uhlalaphi?"

Boy : "Soweto."

Me : "asambe siye ekhaya."  He cries hysterically.

Boy : "angifuni. Uzongishaya."

Me : "okay sorry."  I walk to the ice cream parlour and buy him one , his eyes light up.

Boy : "Thank you mama."  My heart tugs. I walk with him back to my car and buckle him up. I drive to Soweto , he points at his house so I park further down and take him inside. I knock and a woman opens the door.

Woman : "Ya."

Me : "I came to bring umfana kubo , I found him in a park in a not so good state."

Woman : "there's a reason why he was there , I don't want him here. His father died together nonyoko so I can't take care of him. Nawe if you want him , take him and keep him far from my yard."   Where is this woman's conscious ngempela? I don't say anything but take the boy's hand and walk to my car. Just as I'm about to drive out , I receive a call from an unknown number.

******************
..........: "ntokazi emhlophe."

Me : "Sphamandla udingani kimi?"

Spha : "It's not so safe for a woman like you to be in Soweto mama. Now please drive home."

Me : "I still need to get a few things from the mall." 

Spha : "I'll be by your usual parking area."  I drop the call

*****************

Just as he had said I found him by the parking and he was carrying Lethu following me to every shop I went to , buying clothes for Lethu. After shopping I buy supper for my kids including Lethu. We walk to my car and he snatches my car keys , buckles Lethu up , opens the passenger's door for me and buckles me up then he gets in the driver's seat.

Me : "Wenzani?"

Spha : "I'm taking you home s'momondiya sami."  He says with his forever charming smile. He parks outside the gate.

Me : and how am I supposed to take all these bags inside?"

Spha : "Angazi mama kodwa engikwaziyo ukuthi ugoduka nami namuhla."  I feel butterflies in my stomach , ain't I too old to be getting those?  I call Nomzamo to come to the gate , I stand outside the car as she walks towards me.

Zamo : "mama?"

Me : "Baby , please take these bags inside and come back fast." She does so.

Zamo : "Yindaba?"  I take Lethu out of the car and put him down.

Me : "Please bath him for me and make sure he's comfortable , I'll be back tomorrow."  I

Zamo : "okay and have fun but not too much."

Me : "mxm. Lethu uSis'Zamo lona okay?"  He nods.

Lethu : "nawe uyangishiya?"  He starts crying.

Zamo : "hey hey baby. Uzomubona kusasa yezwa thina sodla uIce cream simulinde abuye yezwa?"  He nods wiping his tears.

Sphamandla drives off to Alberton and I must say his house is breathtaking.

Me : "You have a very beautiful house."

Spha : "but it'll be more beautiful and homely if it had you and our kids."  I blush.