𝑿𝑪𝑰𝑽. 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒖𝒔

Start from the beginning

Furrowing his eyebrows, he turned back to her, "Wait, ya' mean...".

She nodded, "Yep. It's Hailey, Autumn, and Abe.".

      He looked closely over the three children, and now that he thought about it, it made sense.

      The bright red, curly hair without a doubt belonged to Autumn, and the mirror image of Alden had to be Abraham Jr.

     But then there was a young korean girl with big, black doughy eyes and her jet black hair cut and done into a short, neat bob.

      Yep, that would be Hailey...

      "Grandpa Daryl!" She cried, racing up to him and leaping into his arms as she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, "I've missed you so much!".

      He couldn't help the smile that crept onto his face as he hugged her back, "I've missed ya' too, babygirl.".

      "Where have you been? Mommy says we haven't seen you since you saved us from those bad people a few years ago." She asked.

      "I've uh...I've been busy is all, kiddo." He replied, setting her down on the ground.

      She really did look like Lee and Taylor...

      He looked over at Abe and Autumn who were currently staring curiously up at him.

      He grinned, kneeling down to their height, "Hey, you two. You've been good for yer mom an' dad?".

      She nodded, smiling and speaking in a shy, quiet voice, "Yes.".

      He outstretched his arms for a hug, for which she reluctantly returned, and he looked over her shoulder over at Abe, "C'mon, Abe. Don' ya' wan' a hug?".

Puffing his cheeks, Abe looked down at the ground and folded his arms as he mumbled under his breath, "Yes.".

He then reluctantly wrapped his arms around Daryl for a hug.

That's when Taylor walked up, a scowl on her face, "What the hell are you doing here?".

Pulling away from Autumn and Abraham Jr., Daryl stood up, "Babygirl, h-".

She interrupted him, "Don't fucking babygirl me, asshole. You're not my dad. Answer the damn question.".

Sighing, he gestured over to Carol and Henry who walked up, "Watchin' over Henry while he stays here an' trains under Earl.".

Her face immediately softened as she looked over at the two, "Carol, Henry, hey.".

Giving Daryl the cold shoulder, she walked past him like he wasn't there and walked up to Carol, bringing her into an embrace.

Carol hugged her back, "Hi, sweetie. You're getting so big. How old are you now?".

"Twenty two. My birthday was a few months ago." She then glared back at Daryl, "Another one Daryl didn't bother to show up to.".

Every word from her sent another stab to his heart, but he knew she was right.

As he watched her hug Henry as if he wasn't even there, he knew it was justified.