"I know.. it's not safe yet.. whatever they put inside your head it's still there, but I have someone who can help you." He smiles gently. "We're gonna track everyone down who's laid a finger on you don't worry" Tony reassures you. A tall figure appears behind Him. "Ask for me if you need anything, I'll be right here within an hour". You rest your head against the bars, as He places a gentle kiss on your forehead. Then he walks off.

The tall figure stays in the shadow as he walks away. You can't see who it is, he just stands complexly still.

"Who are you" you murmur silently.

"An old friend" it's Bucky's tired dark voice.

"Buck.." you say with a subtle smile. "Why are you here.. I don't deserve your help"

"You're right.. you don't" he says coldly.

"But then here you are" you smirk.

"I'm here because Steve would have wanted me to help you.."

"Well Steve also wouldn't have left me alone at a hydra base.. but here I am" you sigh.

"Well who's fault is it he's not here anymore"

"If you've only come to make me feel shitty don't bother... I just killed someone" your voice gets weaker.

"Wouldn't be the first time"

"Fuck you" you spit out.. the room goes silent for a moment as you look up at him with tears in your eyes.. "you know that wasn't me though right?.. that I didn't mean to hurt anyone"

"I know.. that's why I'm here. To help you out"

"Help me out? But Tony just sa-"

"I know what he said, change of plans we're doing this my way" he slips out a small key card to unlock the door. He leans in pulling your body close to the bars. "The security cameras are only down for the next five minutes so listen closely" he whisperers. "I'm gonna let you out on one condition, we do this my way or I'm sending you right back here to rot. Are we clear?" He asks.

You nod your head, as he quickly opens the metal doors. And guides you through the emergency exit. You are standing on a small platform, the waves are crashing against the sides of the Raft. A small helicopter is floating above you as a small ladder falls down. Bucky grabs onto the ladder and holds you tightly as you rise up to safety. As soon as you're in the helicopter flies away.

"Hey there stranger" Nat chuckles.

She's flying the helicopter.

"Nat Omg.." you mutter. "I'm so sorry"

"Don't worry about it, I'm just glad we got you out of there." She smiles warmly.

Bucky is slowly loosening the straitjacket, and finally you can breathe again. As soon as it's loose enough for you to get it off, Bucky moves away from you. He sits down opposite from you, starring at you with a deadly glance. You let your eyes close.

You're safe.

"Why did you help her Buck?" Nat asks.

"You know why.."

"Yeah I do.. but do you know why?"

"I'm doing this for Steve"

"Oh yeah right..for Steve"

Bucky looks over at you, you're sound asleep.

"Are you gonna tell Tony I broke her out?"

"No.. not after he locked her up in there" she assures him. "Be gentle with her, she's had a rough month"

"She's a had a rough life" Bucky keeps watching you, there's a hint of sadness in his voice. "Does she know about-"

"Steve?" She asks sadly.

"Yeah"

"No.. should we tell her?"

"Absolutely not" Bucky says.

"Okay...I told Sam to be there, and if anything goes sideways you call me okay?"

"Yeah I will, thank you for helping out"

"I'd do anything for that girl, she's my family." She smiles kindly. "She could be yours too"

"Steve was my family."

"Right, but so was she" Natasha lands the helicopter a few miles from the safe house. just outside a small car is waiting for you, yet you're still sound asleep. Bucky lifts you up gently and moves you into the car. Nat walks over to you leaving a small kiss on your forehead.

"Take care of her Buck"

"I will"

"I'll call you as soon as it's safe for you to come back, please bring her back as her old self"

"There is no old self anymore, she's not gonna forget about this"

"I know... just get that stuff out of her head"

"I will"

Then Nat gets back into the helicopter and flies away. You drive for about 15 minutes. The safe house is located just outside Winnipeg in Canada. They had to make sure you were under the radar until it was safe. Bucky carries you into a small bedroom and gently puts the covers over you.

"Goodnight you" he smiles kindly as he closes the door and goes to bed in the bedroom beside yours, he keeps his door open, so if anything happens he can get to you. He still has nightmares.

That night you have the worst nightmare you've ever had in your life, watching all those things you did play out in front of you over and over.

And this time there was no turn off button.

There was only facing the pain.

All that pain