Chapter 16- Scaring Away Attackers and an Explanation

We had both went to bed after about an hour. My eyes fluttered open to a soft tap on the van. Thinking it was a bird, I closed my eyes again, only for me to open them in a burst of energy as that little tap became a loud 'BANG!' I sat up and looked around, meeting eyes with Sniper. "Did you hear that?" Sniper asks, eyes wide. "Does it look like I didn't?" I laugh. Sniper took a glance around the van, as if he was trying to find out where the noise came from. I listened intently as more bangs from the van rang out. "It sounds like a baseball bat hitting the van.." I whisper to Sniper, who simply nods in response. "OPEN THE DOOR!" We hear a voice scream. I stood up and called out, "Nuh uh, you missed the magic word!" My voice had a bit of a sarcastic sing-song voice. "I SAID OPEN THE DOOR!" The same voice roared. I smirked and open the door a crack. "Lemme tell you something. If you don't take that weak little bat of yours and GO AWAY, I'll personally come out there and kick your arse. Understand?" My voice became from soft to low and very dangerous. "Is that supposed to be a threat, sweetcheeks?" he replies smugly. Out of boiling rage, I grab a hunting spear and swing the door open, screaming, "DOES IT SOUND LIKE IT'S NOT?" The kid's eyes widened in surprised as I held the rigid spear. Sniper finally decided to join me with a jar of jarate, saying, "Or do you want a bit ah' pee on ya head?" And with that, the intruder said, "SORRYNEVERAGAINI'MGOINGNOWBYE!" And scurried God knows where. "Should we get going?" Sniper inquires, and I nod, signaling him to get to the wheel. "You comin'?" He calls to me, and I walk over and sit in the passenger seat.
- Timeskip -
We drove for about 5 hours when I started to get drowsy. My head wasn't feeling the best again, but now that I knew why my brain ached, I didn't tell Sniper.
"You okay, Kyaroru?" He asked briskly. "You look like your head hurts," Sniper added. "I'm fine, thanks for asking," I replied, glancing at him. "Explain why you were rubbing your temples?" He then asked. "It might seem crazy, but it helps me.." I started. "Helps ya what?" Sniper said. "It helps keep my head straight." I finally finished.
"Why would you need to keep your head straight?" He inquired. "When my parents abused me, I had heavy thoughts of self harm, suicide, but mist of all, I wanted to kill my..uh..parents.. But I didn't, so the anger drifted me slowly into insanity. I had to go to a doctor, who told me to rub my temples whenever I got the urge to," I explained. "Oh, but what happened when you got here?" Sniper asked me, making a left turn.
"Honestly, I have no idea. All I remember was falling down a steep hill and waking up behind a dumpster."