Living In Fear

Nejis pov

My eyes fluttered open as the sunlight hit my eyes. Morning already? I was hoping I could sleep a little longer.

Things are always better in my dreams..

I sat up, got changed and walked through the door. I don't often leave my room since my family frighten me but I'm hungry so I planned to quickly get a snack and run back to my room.

Too bad life doesn't work out for me.

"Well if it isn't that little runt neji" I looked up to see my family members crowding around me "what are you doing out of your room!"

My eyes immediately hit the floor "I-I'm sorry. I just want to get some food-"

"aww is the little runt hungry" one of them said mockingly "then how about you eat my fist!"

They reeled back to hit me. I immediately dodged and ran to the kitchen before any of them could grab me. Luckily for me they lose interest easily.

I headed into the kitchen and opened the fridge. My uncle looked down from his newspaper with a scrowl.

"neji what are you doing out of your room?" he said in a threatening tone.

I could feel my throat go dry. My uncle scares me more than anything else but he's the pack leader so I have to show him respect.

"I'm just getting something to eat uncle" I managed to say.

"and you didn't have the decency to wait until the rest of us left" uncle glared at me.

I kept my eyes lowered "I'm sorry"

He stood up. I started trembling. What's he going to do?

"you know neji my life has gone downhill recently. First my eldest daughter was a useless weakling who ran off the first chance she got and my own nephew was a omega born in a alpha clan" he got right in my face "your pathetic. If it wasn't for the promise I made to your father I would have killed you already!"

I kept my head lowered "I'm very grateful" I muttered softly as I tried not to cry.

"as you should be" he growled "now grab something to eat and leave!"

I nodded, grabbed the first thing out of the fridge and ran. Once I reached my room I collapsed onto my bed and burst into tears.

My life here is horrible but I know things will be worse out there. At least I'm protected in here dispite how cruel they are.

Out there I'd be ripped to shreds in a matter of minutes...